Q26.a(i), Q25.C(iv), and question 28(iii)(2) (1 Viewer)

Berkay_D

HSC
Q26.a(i) - The number of bacteria in a culture grows from 100 to 114 in one hour. What is the percentage incease in the number of bacteria?

i had 114% for this but everyone is saying 14%, does anyone else think 114%.

Q25.c(iv) - What is the probability that the test indicated a lie for a person who did not lie?

i accidently worked it out as 13.3..% instead of putting 2/15. Do you think it will matter??

Q28.c(iii)(2) Give One limitation of this model for predicting weights from heights.

I put that the Gender of the person isnt considered, do u think this will get a mark?

lexii

Berkay_D said:
Q26.a(i) - The number of bacteria in a culture grows from 100 to 114 in one hour. What is the percentage incease in the number of bacteria?

i had 114% for this but everyone is saying 14%, does anyone else think 114%.
If the percentage increase was 114% the number of bacteria would be 214, so no.

Berkay_D said:
Q25.c(iv) - What is the probability that the test indicated a lie for a person who did not lie?

i accidently worked it out as 13.3..% instead of putting 2/15. Do you think it will matter??
It should be fine.

Berkay_D said:
Q28.c(iii)(2) Give One limitation of this model for predicting weights from heights.

I put that the Gender of the person isnt considered, do u think this will get a mark?
Not sure, but i think ultimately the markers will be looking for you to be saying something about the fact that if a height of under 75cm is entered it will result in a negative value.

Finchster

Berkay_D said:

I think they were referring to a limitation of the equation not the situation so this could be wrong.

PC

HSC
N/A
The question asks for ONE limitation. I think that's a fairly open question. Who knows how many limitations may be acceptable? The idea about gender is a good one. On average, males are taller than females ... but then females tend to be lighter than males of the same height ... you might be on a winner there! :)

BabySilver

HSC
I put down over weight
cause my sisteris the same hieght as me and she's a size8 & well let's just say i'm not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)