pulley question (1 Viewer)

wizzkids

HSC
Geez, this is a wacko question. Where did you get it?
One way to solve the problem is to treat it as a lumped system. Determine the total moving mass of the system, determine the net force on the system, and from that work out the acceleration of the whole system. Then knowing the acceleration of the whole system, you can easily determine the net force acting on each part of the system from Newton's Second Law.

Last edited:

kkk579

hello
HSC
One way to solve the problem is to treat it as a lumped system. Determine the total moving mass of the system, determine the net force on the system, and from that work out the acceleration of the whole system. Then knowing the acceleration of the whole system, you can easily determine the net force acting on each part of the system from Newton's Second Law.
Thats what i did and one of the following qs were asking for the acceleration of block m1 which i got correct so i have no clue how i have possibly gotten part a wrong if all it is is multiplying that acceleration by the mass of m2

kkk579

hello
HSC
Also i think this q was either from a syd grammar or syd boys y11 internal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)