Practical assesment task (1 Viewer)

243_robbo

HSC
hey guys,

our clas just recieved an assesment task for this option. We are supposed to perform expreiments in our own time, detirmine experimental procedure, theory, results etc.

The two experiments in question are syllabus reference:

9.6.2.1b - compare the rate of corrosion of iron and an identified form of steel

and

9.6.4.2b - compare the corrosion rate, in a sutable electrolyte, of a variety of metals, including named modern alloys to identify the best suited in marine vessels.

We have been provided with various metals: copper, magnesium, brass, aluminium, pure iron, mild steel, stainless steel, tin, nickel plated brass, and marine grade stainless steel

We have also been provided with several sheets of filter paper, whose function i am not yet aware of.

My problem is i have looked through several textbooks and i cannot really find any definitive procedure to conduct this. By rate of reaction, does that mean just the relative mass before and after a set period of corrosion, or do i have to measure it several times at regular intervals? Also, what type and concentration of electrolytes should i use? Should i starve the procedure of oxygen? are there any previous threads that i can be directed to that have already covered this.

Any help will be appreciated.

bonmat

HSC
me either, I can not find the procedure to do the pratical: to compare the rate of corrosion of iron and identified form of steel.
anyone help me, please.:worried:

boysyd

HSC
N/A
I am keen to know this answer too.
Any 1 who knows how to do it, pl POST>>>>> URGENT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)