postmodern creative writing (1 Viewer)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
hey ppl, just wondering what you're REALLY supposed to do for this kind of writing. i mean, how creative are you supposed to get? how do you know the marker is always going to follow you and that whatever you write does not go right over the top of their head, since this is the rare pomo elective. on the other hand, how do you know that what you're writing isn't too 'down to earth' for the pomo style? any advice from current or past students would be much appreciated. thanx heaps.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The more creative you are, and the more you relate it back and illustrate the concepts within postmodernism the better your mark is going to be.

Originality rules.

m1nx

HSC
i've been trying to figure this one out for a while now too, and after reading a few of the 2002 exemplar responses (which i might add, that one from Sarah's perspective from FLW is brilliant), i've come to the conclusion that contrived self-awareness seems to do the trick in tying together pomo concepts. (e.g. throwing in stupid sentences like "this is authorial intrusion" or something of the like) still playing around with the idea though.....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah illustrating that you know what is happening and the concepts and tools used by authors is a +ve.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
thanx guys, for such an elective, you guys replied out of the aether. so it is desirable to use techniques like those in FLW such as authorial intrusions, writing oneself into the narrative, and not having a definitive ending, right? if that's the case, then should short story conventions (like conflict and resolution) should be shedded altogether for a more subconscious exploratory style of writing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)