popped/dislocated knee, rehab (1 Viewer)

Shadowulf

HSC
was just wondering if anyones ever popped a knee and gone through rehab and all that, coz my knee started to pop out slightly since maybe a year and a half or so ago, and today it popped again when i had my weight shifted onto one side (it hadnt popped for a while and it didnt feel screwed), and then it pops back in.
had it iced for 15 minutes and bandaged, and finally told my mum that i should see a doctor or something, coz my friend who got his knee completely dislocated 2 years ago told me i should

and well my mum doesnt think its serious that it pops out so often, and says i should just stop playing sport -_- my friend says see a doctor, get a knee guard, costs less then knee reconstruction

i just wanna know some ways that you can rehab for this without a supervisor, like a low injury risk way to do it, coz i dont want scar tissue forming in my knee and making it retarded so that i cant play sport properly anymore

quik.

HSC
Second seeing a Doc and Physio.

Exphates spot on about the muscles around the knee, you need to retrain and strengthen them.

Don't leave it too long cos like, your knees man. They help you walk, and stuff.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
mmm, i dislocated my knee cap a couple of yrs ago... worst shit ever. but when mine popped out i luckily managed to chip/scrape off a nice piece of cartilage+bone. they had to pin it back on... so i didnt walk for about 4/5 months.

but mine was fucked cause i broke my foot at the same time... so it all took extra long. but definately rehab. my mums a physio... and i was a lazy cunt and didnt do the rehab part properly cause it was around the time of the hsc i started walking again... now like 2 and a half yrs later, my knee still isnt the same. pretty weak, and often feels really unstable.... but i dont play sport , so yeah

rozymisty

HSC
Gee thats a bit of bad luck there Purple! How did you break your foot at hte same time? Hope it gets better soon.

Definately go and see a doctor, and a physio. If you are a regular sports player, try adn see a sports physiotherapist rather than a normal physio. Get it done sooner than later to avoid future complications, such as needing a reconstruction and arthritis/osteoarthristis etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)