Pompeii summary notes (1 Viewer)

green spandex

HSC
hey, was just wondering if anyone had some summary notes on pompeii that i could 'borrow' - as they say?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
stop being such a lazy arse and make ur own notes. i put time and effort into making mine. it's better to do ur own notes neways cos u'll understand it better.

Last edited:

jayteniz

HSC
Hey umm i dun think u shuld be callin ne1 on this site a lazy arse. This site was pretty much designed to share notes and give assistance. If u dont wana take part then don't be a part of the site!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes to share notes, not to do the work for others.

Its some culture thats kinda crept up that its ok that someone puts in the effort of writing full notes for people. There are plenty of notes in the resource section, in older threads which can be accessed by doing a quick search, and multiple threads asking people to post in such a way to accomodate those who are trying to help them.

Ancient History is NOT about memorising notes, you will NOT get anywhere by memorising dates and events, its as much about the social aspects of the course as well as their relevance and implications on the module that matters. Therefore reading off notes is NOT going to help you if you don't understand the fundamentals.

Now by making your own notes, then you can figure out what you know, and what you need help on. Simply saying, "hey give me your notes" is not study. Its lazy. If we had an idea on which section you were having trouble with, we could assist in your understanding and then you wouldn't need notes and could even feel generous enough to submit it for others, but like I stated, I strongly suggest that you use the notes as a supplement to your own learning rather than in place of it.

meares

HSC
Asylum, my bad but im new (probably heard that alot) but where is the resource page? ive done notes already but i want to cross check them and basically make sure there not full of BS cheers mate

maza1989

HSC
Hey Lazy boy... you should make your own notes it will make more sense to you....

Maza

jackocfc

bondi junction, www.myspace.com/jackocarr
HSC
my use of this site revolves around typing up my own notes, and then cross referencing them with biki syllabus notes and what people post. That way i can see what i havnt written and what others have. you should try it sometime ;)

nadinetannous

HSC
I do the same thing.
To help you write notes, go through every point of the syllabus and write several main points for each dot point. That way, once you know infor for every dot point in the syllabus, you are prepared for any question given in the HSC. It is also best to go over the textbook and other sources of information.

NueContura

HSC
well now.........i think the poor fella gets the point....

GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!!

peace

***GG***

HSC
lizziegirl said:
stop being such a lazy arse and make ur own notes. i put time and effort into making mine. it's better to do ur own notes neways cos u'll understand it better.
jeeesus what the hell is your problem? obviously he is just looking for a little help..stop being such a b**ch for f**ks sake

CLOWNLOL

HSC
***GG*** said:
jeeesus what the hell is your problem? obviously he is just looking for a little help..stop being such a b**ch for f**ks sake
I believe green spandex is female.

By the way here are my notes on Pompeii:

View attachment 13955

Deaths_Roses

HSC
Well, I came across this post because I, myself am looking for dot pointed notes on Pompeii and Herculaneum..

Why?

Not because I'm lazy. But, because I do Distance Education, have a shitload of paperwork and a lot to study in 2 weeks.
Yesterday I found a post by someone on Sparta, dot pointed by the syllabus. It helped me immensely. I didn't just print it out and read it. I saved it and read through it, writing it out and making sure that I understand what the information is telling me.
Writing it out seems long and painful, but it's the best way to make information sink in.
I appreciate the fact that other people have done the hard yards and done the points on their own, but I believe this site is here to help students learn from other students, and to correct their own work. Not to copy and paste and say they have studied by reading the notes over twice.
But, people like me need the notes that these people make, not because we're lazy, but because we need conformed help. Acceptable if we use it in the right way, by putting in the effort to understand it and re-write it.

In Sparta I have 8 120ish pg booklets, front and back. Pompeii - 11 books by about 30 pages. Xerxes 6, 120 Pg booklets, front and back. Greek world 800-500BC - same as Xerxes, if not more.

Which reminds me. If anyone knows a good set of Greek world 800-500 BC notes, it would be much appreciated. Kinda need to study a lot before my first exam. :/

Then I have my other 4 subjects too..

So everyone is right, but I guess it's just the way you look at it.

This was posted in a nice.. meant to be settling way. Just trying to find what I need to study, for once.

Have a good one ^-^

xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)