Polynomial Questions (1 Viewer)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
a^n+1 + b^n + 1 = 0 (by factor theorem)

dont have time to look at it deeply cos im on the way to english lmao but i think factor theorem will unlock 22

Luukas.2

HSC
Start question 26 by letting the three roots be .

Root theory (sum of roots, product of roots, etc) can then be used to get for part (a) and then use the three equations to eliminate and to get the relationship between the coefficients.

Alternatively, from the factor and multiple root theorems, you know that , which is another approach to part (a). Finding and substituting can then yield the relationships between coefficients.

Using root theory:

The same equation results from the multiple root theorem:

You could put each possible solution into to establish which is the double root.

The coefficient result will arise from putting and into one of the root theory equations and rearranging.

sunmoonlight

HSC
N/A
For Q26, after you find out what is, how do you prove it? (I still don't get that part).

Luukas.2

HSC
For Q26, after you find out what is, how do you prove it? (I still don't get that part).
Prove that the value is

means that you need to find the value and, in so doing, establish that it can be no other value.

So, if you used the approach I noted above with , you would need to establish which of these two possible values is the double root.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)