Political Life in P&H (1 Viewer)

Vespers

HSC
What sources do we have as evidence for the political life in P&H? I'm under the impression that it's mainly epigraphic sources... should we try to remember inscriptions word for word?

Thecorey0

HSC
What sources do we have as evidence for the political life in P&H? I'm under the impression that it's mainly epigraphic sources... should we try to remember inscriptions word for word?
Most are inscriptions from what I know, basically every building contains some form of acknowledgement to politicians. However there is the frescoes in the house of Julia Felix depicting life in the forum. There is also lots of grafitti. Personally I wouldn't remember them. After all, the question will be 4 or 8 marks, and does not warrent a word for word quote in my opinion.

Vespers

HSC
But if they ask us a question on political life, we'd be expected to know the the roles of the duumviri and the aediles, right? I have that information, but I don't know if I can trace it back to specific sources... I mean, would "This comes from inscriptions" be sufficient?

Thecorey0

HSC
But if they ask us a question on political life, we'd be expected to know the the roles of the duumviri and the aediles, right? I have that information, but I don't know if I can trace it back to specific sources... I mean, would "This comes from inscriptions" be sufficient?
The duumviri and aediles are the main points in the dot-point, but there are other things. Try to give a general location of the inscriptions I guess. If the question is a 4-marker, not much detail is required at all. I don't actually have many inscriptions, other then election propoganda, 'this building was constructed under the orders of...', Nonius Balbus paid for..." and things similar. All these are basically generalised anyway.

Vespers

HSC
Okay... thanks! Good luck with the exam. :) I, for one, am screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)