Poetry competition..... (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
hey everyone... welllll..... I read somewhere...(i think on one of the EE2... survival tips )....

anyways.... and it said that EE2 students should try and enter competitions on the medium they're writing in...... and anyways....

I entered... the competition at www.poetry.com.... and well something tells me that it's all..well... must i say it "bull".....

I got a letter today telling me that i've been invited to disney land in florida (or somewhere in america....) so that me and other poets from across the world could have the chance to read our poem... infront of proffessional poets... and that we had the chance to win $20000...

and before that.. probably 2 months ago... i got a letter telling me that my poem will be published in a book... anyways...

i wanted to know if any of u poets out here... also recieved these letters... from poetry.com.... cause i think its one of those letters where they send it to everyone and just change the names around......

yeh... and I also didn't think my poem was even that good.... (It was inspired by the passion of christ)... if u guys wanna read it i'll post it up... but i mean.. well my title wasn't even spelt correctly (although i corrected it later on).... it said Blaspehemy... instead of Blasphemy!! so yeh...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Yes, dont listen. Cover your ears, run away, delete your email (nay, BURN YOUR COMPUTER), demolish your house and move to Holland.
It is a hoax. And a bitch :-@

physician

HSC
demosthenes said:
Yes, dont listen. Cover your ears, run away, delete your email (nay, BURN YOUR COMPUTER), demolish your house and move to Holland.
It is a hoax. And a bitch :-@

lolll... woah... first id like to say... the speed at which u replied was as fast as the pace of ur post itself...

have u been in a situation with that specific website?.... or u've heard anything from anyone...

anyways... i mean it's one of those things were u say to urself "It's too good to be true".. well at least i think it is...

pull up

yeh actually i got the same reply except they said i had the chance to win $45 000 and a trip to lebanon, so im not quite sure what to do

physician

HSC
pull up said:
yeh actually i got the same reply except they said i had the chance to win $45 000 and a trip to lebanon, so im not quite sure what to do
now that's what u call... funny... (laughing at u...and with u)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
its a scam. I pretty much never enter any online competitions, and I try not to post my work online because its is so easy for people to plagiarise. I encourage you to enter competitions, just try to steer clear of online stuff, especially poetry.com

physician

HSC
super katie said:
its a scam. I pretty much never enter any online competitions, and I try not to post my work online because its is so easy for people to plagiarise. I encourage you to enter competitions, just try to steer clear of online stuff, especially poetry.com

k thanks for that... it's soo not nice when u get ppl playing around like that...

u know...imagine someone actually went to disney land... expecting to read their poem infron of a large audeince.. and have a chance to win $20000... and then find out it was all a hoax... ppl like that should be thrown in jail...
anyways... thanks super katie

i'll stay clear from poetry.com

phatic

HSC
Fair point. Hm, perhaps the critique thread is a poor idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)