Please Help!! (1 Viewer)

survivor

i have this pd assignment due next week on core 1 but im having trouble
i have to describe the health status of australians... thats the question?? any pointers or notes from anyone pleaseee

also i so dont get the difference between an inequality and an equity... like i get the basic idea but for example
when it is says give an example of an inequality and inequity for each of the population groups in australia experiencing health inequities ie. aborgines, women, overseas ppl... etc
please help me anyone it would be very much appreciated

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Hmmmm im shit at core 1 but decribe the status by epodemiology and trends and stuff like that....well thats wot id do.

i dont know what you mean by the 2nd part

sorry i am crap at core 1

survivor

oh well thankyou anyway

for part 2 i mean you know how there are sub groups in aus. population that experience inequities...ie. like aboriginal and torres straight islanders, ppl from overseas, old ppl, men woemn etc (pretty much everyone)
i need to give an example of an inequality and an inequity for each of these groups

understand

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Inequality - is the unequal distribution of illness or conditions throughout the population (across different cultures, ethnic origins, geographic locations, ages and genders)
Inequity - is the unjust impact of social, economic and cultural factors such as income, education, availability of transport and access to health services. Inequities in these areas can lead to inequalities in health status by minimising an individual's choices about their health or simply by being a determinant of health.
(this is straight of the Outcomes 2 textbook)

I don't really know how to give an eg of each... they are quite similar, but here it goes: -

Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples experience major inequalities in their health status... high prevalence of diabetes, die younger etc

ATSI - inequities b/c lots of the population live in remote areas (can't access health services as easily as those in urban areas), have low SES status which affects their ability to lead a healthy lifestyle and lack of education = generally lower SES - ie don't have $ to buy medicine, healthy food etc

hmm, that's probably more confusing & wrong. i havent looked at core 1 since december last year so :rolleyes:

good luck! :)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Look at the PD/H/PE syllabus under the first question "How are priority areas for Australia's health identified?" the second dot point is "the health status of Australians". If you look at what is mentioned under there then you will have an idea of where to look in your textbook/notes and what you need to describe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)