Please Help (1 Viewer)

THE STARTHORN TREE BY KATE FORSYTH- have you read this book? if so, can you please help me. I am trying to write an essay in response to the statement "Physical journeys have the power to challenge our thinking".
I feel that what I've written is not enough. please help me if you can!

The novel “The Starthorn Tree” by Kate Forsyth tells the tale of a fictitious physical journey undertaken by six companions who must journey deep into the Perilous Forest to seek counsel from the Erlune. They are on a journey in search of the truth about unsolved matters in their Kingdom.

Out of all of the characters in this novella, it is Lady Lisandre who appears to benefit the most from the physical journey. At the beginning of the text, this character was impressed on us as a snobbish, conceited princess, with a narrow view of life. However, by the end of the text responders view her as a matured adult. This is eminent in a comment she makes to a servant “…everything’s not right in the world…I’ve seen a lot…and I never knew…” This quote portrays that physical journeys do often result in giving the traveler a better understanding of life, and can often result in a change in personality; but even more – so, it illustrates quite clearly that physical journeys have the power to challenge our thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)