PIP - Blogging - 1 simple question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissie_t

HSC
1 question is all I need guys. Please answer!

If you have a blog, why did you start it up in the first place? Why did you create your first blog?

Kulazzi

HSC
I created a blog because I felt that I need to express my emotions that way. I could not turn to anyone else, even though I have a very close family, because one, they would only be sympathetic which would even add more to my distress because then I would feel very bad, and two, they wouldn't really know what I am experiencing because HSC is "very important". Even though I had 2 older siblings pass through, I just can't bring myself to tell them what has been going through my mind.

The blogging allows me to express myself freely and that is what I like about it because it doesn't really reply back, being sympathetic (although I do allow comments from other users/non-user about my blogging)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I began my blog because the idea of selflessly whinging about anything and everything is incredibly tempting.

Plus, i find writing cathartic.

Writing a blog mitigates my need to "talk about it" to my friends, so i can focus on them more. Plus, they get a better understanding of how i think and work too.

The link is in my sig

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
I started my blog because...

it was a diary my parents wouldn't ever find.
it served as a great stress release.
a way to get the 'what'd you get up to today' out of the way.
my mates had one, and suggested i start one up.
feedback extends and extends.. and so does networking.

felixcthecat

HSC
just for the fun of it, expressing own thoughts, good/bad events, finding old friends who also blog, and keeping in touch with other friends who i don't see online often (who live across the world).. =)

persephone

HSC
I made a blog because it's a tad more credible than a diary (you know the ones where you write 'dear diary' etc). only my friends regularly visit my blog to find out if anything interesting has happened, etc. because I don't have the time to call them now that we're all at different universities now. I made it because you're actually on the internet and complete strangers can find out who you are. Trying to make yourself a mini-celebrity. (Or is that just me? ;) )

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I made a blog because I needed to write down all my assgnments for college. I kept losing the bits of paper that I wrote them on so I needed something to write it down on. That and I was the only one that seemed to keep the assignment sheets (I just never looked at them until it was close to due time) so other people from college would then go and look on my blog for when assignmnts were due. After that it turned into where I'd put stories about what happened to people at college so that we could all read. It wasn't long before it just came to use for me to bitch about City Rail or 'City Fail' as I called it. Then I just wrote anything down and now it's like an online diary (as they are mostly used for).

I write almost anything in it but obviously not stuff I want the whole world reading. Mostly stuff I dont want my parents getting their hands on either. The link is in my sig. Have fun and goodluck. It's also useful to keep intouch with ol mates.

Master Gopher

HSC
I started right, *right* at the beginning because my friend had one (remember when LJ was invite-only? Yeah, *that* long ago) and it had the word "Journal" in it. I have 26 notebooks filled with journal writing in my room, and I figured if I didn't put some of my blathering online I'd soon have to move out. So I started blogging, and it's addictive, and I really like writing, and I've done it pretty obsessively every since. It's also a good place to link up with my website, post boring maintainence-y things, post about my artwork and writings, and catch up with friends who live continents away who I've never met. Also, it's connected to my involvement with an online poetry writing community.

If you're interested, the most current blog is here

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
well... blogging is cool.. its a way where you can express all your emotions without the level of lameness as a diary. Also, if you told you friend exactly what you wrote, they'd call you whingey. now im not whingey am i? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)