Physical Journey Speech/Skrzynecki (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
hey, for this speech the focus is that "the power of the journey is that it challenges y ou to think", with the immigrant chronicle poems, which ones do you think would be good for this quesiton? i need to have 2, im thinking of doing migrant hostel, leaving home, or postcard?! help, wat do u's think? :) thanx

Dreamspirit

HSC
I reckon you should do what you're comfortable with, personally, I find leavin home a pain up the ass :p
do the other two, it'll work better ^

Aeolior

HSC
"the power of the journey is that it challenges y ou to think"
Hmm, if thats the argument for your essay/extended Reponse.
Leaving Home isnt really "pain up the arse" hehe. This poem focuses on quite a hidden level than the literal level of a guy who doesnt like the Board of studies because their a racist bunch of corrupt people. Skrzynecki explores a subjective attitude towards unplanned physical journeys as the cause of dislocation, unhappiness and loathing.

I'd recommend:

Leaving Home (as suggested above)
Feliks Skrzynecki --> Challenges the idea of Assimiliation and the isolation between father and son due to language barriers.

As for Post Card, I am unable to comment on that poem, for I havent really read the poem yet.

Migrant Hostel is also a good poem, due to the fact that the migrants do realise that this is a temporary stopover, but a essential one (however long). Here, just as the migrant birds, they must change direction, but to where, is the question that challanges the reader throughout the poem. Their future is still yet to be decided.

cheers,

Aeo

p.s. to all those people who pmmed me or e-mailed me. I'll get to you by Monday or Tuesday, I'm really sorry that I cant help all of you, >< cos I've got a major 25% assessment task to be due on coming Monday, then I got a English Extension Essay due Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll send a pm to everyone who either e-mailed me or pmmed me for help. I apologise to everyone again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)