Performance Poetry (1 Viewer)

prof

HSC
Is anyone doing it?...how are you approaching it, what ideas do you have...are you using any sorta software for supplementary music?

i just wanna know cos it's one of the options i'll be considering seriously for next year

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
I'm considering it for this year but I have NO INFo for it whatsoever, If anyone could tell me something i'd appreciate it.

Magister

HSC
N/A
notes on AH and Performance Poetry

Hi!

Are you doing Komninos? I am tutoring in this and have the OTEN unit of work. I could scan some pages for you if it would help you.

Yeah, I can send you stuff by email on most of the AH topics you names. If you give me an email or postal address I can send copies of stuff on CD. Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes,
Magister :

furbuschic

question

so did anyone actually end up doing performance poetry?
and if so how did u go?
i did it...and i loved it!
i learnt so much, and had an excellent time doing it!

Sonik

HSC
N/A
I could have done it at the drop of the hat but once again a great thumbs up to our teaching staff! Kept me well informed :p haha...doesn't matter though...I'm stoked with what I wrote...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I had a look at Performance Poetry since I loved poetry and thought I'd might extend on it...

Well... There should be some workshops eventually... just keep yourself informed.

An exemplar for one year that underwent performance poetry experimented on a range of software and audio techniques, so what I'm saying is is that it definitley goes beyond the quality of your words. It was about women that murder, with reference to canonical texts. The person that was telling me (A HSC marker in a workshop for EE2 students) said that he heard the piece and was frightened as hell because of the quality of the audio and content. Had the murderer whispering into Marker's right ear! Interesting stuff for you there.

I found it difficult because the research I found were passionate about the visual aspect of performance poetry rather than audio. If you can find it, that's brilliant.

Sonik

HSC
N/A
^ I have an entire home studio & am very well equipped on most professional audio programs with PLENTY of experience...REALLY should have done this but sadly it never happened....If ANYONE needs help on this though...get in touch with me...

steffo

steph
HSC
i am doing this for hsc 2005. i'm headed to sydney this week to see some live performance poetry.

"TOKEN WORD"
dec 22nd 7.30 PM
knot gallery, room 107
342 elizabeth st
surry hills
contact number: 92818006
$5 entry

i am really keen on exploring this medium, but i've had no real experience with it.
im into drama and music and the origins of this style of poetry- hip hop, rap etc.

there was a great article in SMH a little while ago.

here is the article online. click on the first link in this google search.
i will be there on wednesday. for the token word thing.

tug dumbly is also my inspiration for performance poetry. im going for an edgy, witty satire on popular culture for mine.
i have a lot to explore and research as yet. a ready for help from u guys!

steffo

steph
HSC
prof said:
Is anyone doing it?...how are you approaching it, what ideas do you have...are you using any sorta software for supplementary music?

i just wanna know cos it's one of the options i'll be considering seriously for next year
i already replied to this but
HSC marker's notes suggest use of wavelab3 and acid pro 3 for sound tech stuff.
sydney festival is featuring o 29th jan a showcase of spoken word poets from around the world.
i went to the last performance in sydney- it was AMAZING. totally inspiring.

if you decide to do this medium, please keep posting! i need help and contact with others attempting it. im scared.

steffo

steph
HSC
Magister said:
Hi!

Are you doing Komninos? I am tutoring in this and have the OTEN unit of work. I could scan some pages for you if it would help you.

Yeah, I can send you stuff by email on most of the AH topics you names. If you give me an email or postal address I can send copies of stuff on CD. Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes,
Magister :

what are komninos?

steffo

steph
HSC
furbuschic said:
so did anyone actually end up doing performance poetry?
and if so how did u go?
i did it...and i loved it!
i learnt so much, and had an excellent time doing it!

how did you approach it?
what was your ideas and topic/concept?

im (intending on) doing it right now for 05. im scaaaared. thats why ive replied to every post about it 100000 timessssssssssss.

samanthajk

HSC
komninos is a poet..an aussie too...i need to do an essay on him and something else andim struggeling!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)