Penalties!! ARG, that lil red booklet with HSC rules (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
I read this, and it shits me now. I they'll fail my english, I'll, I'll
explode...

the rule sayz:
YOU MUST NOT!!!
write your name or you school's name on writing bookelts, answer books or sheets, or use any other names, symbols or marks that identify or distinguish you in any way from other students. THE BOARD may CANCEL your ENTRY if you disregard this rule...

the word "MAY" is scary

schooly

why did u write your name or schools name on the booklets for ? all it ahd was Centre number/Student number?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
But they won't know that is actually your name... they only see your student number and they might think it was a made up name.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
So you put your real name?
I don't think they will cancel it if they presume it was an honest mistake. I expect the only reason they would have that rule is in case the marker knows you, or has an opinion of your school, and it somehow influences their marking. But if you just put your name the chances of a marker knowing you are pretty slim, so I don't think they'd be too concerned. I wouldn't be worried.

Katgurl

Your school should have told you not to write your own name etc on the paper but it should not matter, they check all the papers to see if the numbers match up with names but you should not worry because it happens quite often and your marks should not be affected, the worst that can happen is that your school gets told off for not letting you know that you shouldn't write your own name on the paper.
If you look on the standards packages, for any questions that had letters the names were smudged out coz people wrote their own, you don't have anything to be worried about

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
it's very very unlikely that they'd realize it's ur actual name, so don't stress...

BUT if they did, what usually happens is they give your exam to be marked seperately by the supervisor.. who's marking is apparently reasonably hard. Think of it this way- worst case scenario, you could lose 1 or 2 marks out of 105, but i don't see how they'd realize in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)