passion/career move (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
im planning on law/med sci at uts just coz i love medical science, and it was my first carreer option. but im undecided if i sholud do law/international studies, coz i really wanna work on a national and international stage

should i go with mmy passions of med sci or stick with my ambitions in international studs?

does it matter? coz any law student should be aware of the world around him/her right?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
im planning on law/med sci at uts just coz i love medical science, and it was my first carreer option. but im undecided if i sholud do law/international studies, coz i really wanna work on a national and international stage

should i go with mmy passions of med sci or stick with my ambitions in international studs?

does it matter? coz any law student should be aware of the world around him/her right?
Law/med haha.. have fun with that workload

I think so long as you have a secure backing you ought to follow your passions. Medical science is a pretty big thing, international studies is more wishy washy and you can get into the international stage by studying international law or things like that instead.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
sorry mate, i agree with the other guys-sonata and santa-hunter.

i feel i can top international studies coz i luv that so much, but my inspirations lie with medical science so ill stick to that for now. i can always undergo an internal transfer after one year ;)

1000words

HSC
mr EaZy said:

Hi Mr Eazy,

I can understand your difficulty in deciding as it is particularly difficult to choose exactly where you want to 'end up' at your current stage.

I would not be too concerned with the work load involved with a law/med science degree. It's very manageable particularly if you are passionate about medical science. You will find it a rewarding experience.

Congratulations on having a desire to be aware of international and national issues - it certainly is encouraged by law firms in particular. I am not familiar with the international studies course but I dare say that it is not necessary to have a formal degree in that specific area to be aware of the important issues. If you are leaning towards medical science, this should not stop you from pursuing extra-curricular activities to pursue an interest in international or national law. For example, see the Monash International Law Students Association: http://www.monashilsa.asn.au. UTS may have a similar club.

Best of luck!

David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)