Parking Tickets (1 Viewer)

placebo101

HSC
so today i got got my 1st parking ticket, arrrgggh.

i was circling the car park where i always park for work and for some reason it was packed. so i parked beside a bay like i always do when it is chocas - like every1 else does.

it was a safe position and all and i needed to get to work so didnt think much about it since ive done it bout 5 times b4 without problems.

but i was chattin to a customer bout it and she said the parking inspector is bad in that car park, so i started panicing. and of course when i finished my shift i found a parking ticket :( .i deserved it

anyway, its 75 bucks which im gonna pay ova the net. but i dont really want my parents to find out as i dont wanna here another one of there lessons.

but will a ticket be sent in the mail? which i havta intercept. cause the cars rego'd in my dads name so that will be difficult.

also, does it give u a criminal record even if u pay it? like i dun want my dad to take it without knowing.

thanks ppl

SlipStream

HSC
In reality, it's only a parking ticket. If your olds get all worked up cos you left your car parked illegally then they need a reality check - I don't know your parents but ultimately you'll save yourself a lot of stress by just telling them outright. In retrospect it's probably the better thing to do. If they start getting all parenty remind them that it's not a fine for negligent driving (i.e. burnouts bro), speeding or driving under the influence - it's at the bottom of the "fine hierarchy", if you like.

They might send a letter out, so for the next week to fortnight collect the mail and keep a look out for envelopes with any suspicious markings. If you need to open them, open from the side by carefully pulling open the side flap and then if it isn't what you're after just put it back in and glue it shut. I'm sure you won't get a criminal record, and probably won't lose any demerit points, but it will go against your driving record which could in future harm your ability to get insurance; but it's only a parking fine - not many insurers care much for them.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
This last year I've paid more than $500 in parking tickets so I'm pretty much uniquely qualified here.

If you pay the fine (online or at the post office would be best) then you will NOT recieve any mail from them. If you pay late then you will (and will be charged a late fee).

If you do not go to court (and even then only if you are convicted) do you recieve a criminal record. It has absolutely no impact on insurance ever.

From experience this is the worst thing that can happen:

Get a fine accidently pay it late at the post office. Thye dont add on the extra.

Motor registry sends a late notice to your aunt (address where the car was registered) who chucks it in a pile. You think evrything solved. Further mail sent to your aunt threatening licence cancellation and then cancelling it. You have no idea and drive around with no licence. - fortunately arnt pulled over.

Repeat the same late payment mistake of a subsequent fine. Aunt recieves more mail a notification of late-ness. A threat to cancel rego and then a cancellation of rego.

I find out three months after licence cancellation and a month after rego cancellation that this had all happened. The plus is I just had to pay the outstanding $60 of late fees and everything was reinstated.

So to recap: Chill out, pay the fine and there wont be any problems. I'd tell your parents just because its the polite thing to do and because it doesn't really matter. They might want to transfer it to your name which doesnt matter. Basically as long as its paid then you have nothing ever to worry about.

placebo101

HSC
ok thanks guys. ill pay it at the post office and get it outta the way. how do you get it transfered to your name?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Unfortunately to transfer it your parents will need to know, I believe that you will need to pick up a form from the RTA, fill it in and your dad will need to sign off on it.

Personally I wouldn't bother as so long as the fine is paid on time it makes NO difference.

placebo101

HSC
yeah screw that.. my older brothers car is also in my dads name and his always gettin tickets for various things.. ill just pay up and 4get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)