Parking Ticket! (1 Viewer)

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone

I was just wondering what some of you think of this.. I think I was in the right, but it's gonna be quite a story..

It's 155 dollars, so I think I'm going to "elect to have this matter heard at court", instead of paying up

Have you guys had any experiences with parking tickets? Any advice? I don't have ANY idea of what to expect.

I took a photo (but I'm sure they will say "you might have taken the photo at any time"), and I have a witness too (who will need a translater, but I don't know if that will help cos they're not an "independent" witness). What can I do to make sure I win?

Advice? Experiences? Thanks :)

Yumi.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
not worth fighting for as court cost etc give ya the shits, if u ant gonna win ill say i was there just tell me what to say..

is a roflcopter
HSC
court isnt worth 155 unless you have a great need to feel vindicated

santaslayer

HSC
I agree. Unless you are undoubtly in the right. Even then, you will need some worthy evidence. What was your ticket for? :p

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
I allegedly "disobeyed a no stopping sign"

crazybrad - I love the offer, but I think you're a little far. I have a witness, but she'll need an interpreter :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You'll pretty much need conclusive evidence... it's damn hard to escape from strict liability offences.

If you have a photo that clearly indicates that there was no such "no stopping" sign at the scene in question, or a reasonable (and corroborated) alibi for your whereabouts at the time, you'll have a fair chance.

Whether or not your witness is credible will just be assessed by the judge on the day. It's a little arbitrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)