Pan's Labyritnh? (1 Viewer)

T

TheJetsFan

Does anyone think Pan's Labyrinth would be a good supp text to do?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yes! it's one of my supplementary texts! that movie was so good. :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Shit movie, they dun evan spak the english

ChappedKiss

HSC
I'm using it too. Now I just have to find one more supp. text..

flick7

HSC
Yeah it looks like a good text, as the reason for her imaginative journey is clear, and stated, unless I'm mistaken...

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
im using it for my half yearly
said to be really good to use

Cerry

HSC
If you can sit through it over and over again to get quotes and stuff, yes, it would be a great supp text. That being said, it's probably the most graphically violent and disgusting movie I've ever seen, and I only barely made it to the end the first time round (was going to do it myself). The journey in it is really good though, because it has a lot of different levels and deeper meanings and stuff.

lacklustre

HSC
Cerry said:
If you can sit through it over and over again to get quotes and stuff, yes, it would be a great supp text. That being said, it's probably the most graphically violent and disgusting movie I've ever seen, and I only barely made it to the end the first time round (was going to do it myself). The journey in it is really good though, because it has a lot of different levels and deeper meanings and stuff.
Best part when the Captain stabs the glass bottle in the guy's face continuously. Also when he is stitching up his face.

I think you have to realise that the violence is not meaningless. It's supposed to for e.g. display just how violent a particular character is (in this case the captain).

4unitfreak

HSC
I'm using it with Animal Farm and The Tempest. It's a really good movie and I agree with lacklustre, the violence isn't meaningless.

Cerry

HSC
lacklustre said:
I think you have to realise that the violence is not meaningless. It's supposed to for e.g. display just how violent a particular character is (in this case the captain).
I know it's not meaningless, but it's still absolutely disgusting, and worsened by the fact that the Captain represents the way people working for Franco behaved at that time.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
im doing it, along with a bruce dawe poem and the tempest. I agree that is is violent, but if you watch the special features disk, del toro discusses his reasons for its use in some detail- and no, it isnt meaningless.
I like that its foreign language too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)