Ozone Lewis Diagram (1 Viewer)

superSAIyan2

HSC
Hey guys,

When drawing the lewis electron dot structure for Ozone should we use different colours for each O atom to show that one oxygen atom supplies both electrons in the coordinate bond

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

When drawing the lewis electron dot structure for Ozone should we use different colours for each O atom to show that one oxygen atom supplies both electrons in the coordinate bond
No, use little crosses/dots for electrons - different colours look childish and it's annoying to change pens.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Crosses and dots are the standard representation methods...

superSAIyan2

HSC
i used to use crosses and dots but my teacher said u lose a mark cos it asks for an electron DOT structure; the same is said in Conquering Chemistry.

If you only use dots you will not lose a mark right?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
i used to use crosses and dots but my teacher said u lose a mark cos it asks for an electron DOT structure; the same is said in Conquering Chemistry.

If you only use dots you will not lose a mark right?
As far as I know, that's not true.

This is the CSU (for HSC) way of doing it:

Even if it says *dot* structure, crosses are counted as dots. If your teaches chooses to not allow the standard way, just do all dots but in HSC, do crosses and dots.

nightweaver066

HSC
No real point using different colours in the HSC because in the end, they're all scanned in B&W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)