Options? (1 Viewer)

Leap

free falling
HSC
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I was wondering, what are the options for the major work? What else can I do besides Short Stories?
Also, is doing one long story an option, instead of doing a bunch of short ones? :confused:

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
they call it a "novella" i think and people have done it before even though I don't rememebr seeing it on the options sheet

speech
video
film
poetry
performance poetry
website
multimedia production
crticical response
radio
play

Last edited:

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
i'm not even sure if novella was even in the category choices in the syllabus. i think they only used the term novella in the BOS english extension 2 publications of the best works and stuff (CD ROM and book) to distinguish it from collections of short stories.

ie on forms where u sign and write down what ur submitting and stuff, i think u'd have to write short story. after all, a short story..that's a really broad term just look at the short stories of Poe or the Sherlock Holmes short stories, they're heaps long.

i'd say check the syllabus... and/or your teacher

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Leap
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I was wondering, what are the options for the major work? What else can I do besides Short Stories?
Also, is doing one long story an option, instead of doing a bunch of short ones? :confused:
yeah you can do one long story, and the word count is between 5000-6000.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Uhh, the word count was between 6000 and 8000 when we did it - has that changed?

I know it was 5000 - 6000 for critical responses.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
sorry my mistake...yeah 6000-8000 probably sounds more right...did extension way to long ago.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
just make sure that you look at what the syllabus says very closly, ie what you think i speech is and what they describe as a speech may vary slightly. so i would say use that document to make your decision. also watch the word count very carefully, i got mine confused last year and ended up being 2000 words short for my short stories 2 days before they were due....one of the worst moments of my life.

Leap

free falling
HSC
thanks for all your help guys. :)
I checked with my english teacher today, and the limit is 6000-8000, but you can go 10% over or under that.
I have no idea how I'm going to cut my story down to 8000 words!! (Even though I haven't stared it yet, I can already see that being a problem) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)