Option Scaling!!!! (1 Viewer)

firstneg

HSC
So I tried to ask my class teacher and the coordinator about the scaling of the different options and they have both acted as if they are oblivious towards option scaling but I know it occurs because of looking at the raw marks.

I still have another assessment (trials were in term two) that is just on the option. However we do three different options (communications, human story and my teacher does genetics). If genetics scales higher in the hsc and I get 23/25 and someone doing comm gets 23/25 shouldn't I hypothetically get a higher mark than them?

sharnakins

HSC
yes there is option scaling ... but it also means you have to do extremely well in the core units. So schools like james ruse normally do the genetics option so if you choose to do that option ... you need to make sure your answers are specific concise use the correct terminology in the correct way and are even band 7 answers!! so that you won't be scaled down if they arent up to scratch if you are competing with james ruse.

communications is the most common option and some say easier ... BUT you still need to make sure your answers are top answers to make sure you don't get lost in the crowd.

Simile

HSC
N/A
How your option is scaled is based on how well you do in your core and the rest of your cohort.

Catz

HSC
Im coming first in bio at my school but I'm doing genetic cause i find it more interesting and my cohort is doing communication, would the affect me? I don't think it will

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)