Operation Barbarossa, major turning point WW2 (1 Viewer)

hannahmarie182

HSC
[FONT=JJOGF C+ Times]Hey does anyone have any suggestions for points to discuss with this essay question[/FONT]
[FONT=JJOGF C+ Times][/FONT]
[FONT=JJOGF C+ Times]Evaluate the view that Operation Barbarossa was the major turning point of the European war?[/FONT]

Kittikhun

HSC
I asked your question on a military forum site (which many militaria historians frequent) and got the following replies for you, if it isn't too late. If it is, this will benefit future students in the Conflict in Europe module anyway. so yeah.

Operation Barbarossa, a turning point? - Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History

To answer your question. Not really. The major turning points in my eyes of World War Two are the following-

Battle of Britain
Siege of Tobruk
Bombing of Pearl Harbour
Battle of Leningrad (or siege of Leningrad)
Battle of Coral Sea
Battle of Midway
Kokoda Track Campaign
Battle of Stalingrad
Second Battle of El Alamein
Battle of Kursk
Invasion of Normandy
Operation Bagration
Battle of Imphal and Kohima
Battle of Saipan
Battle of the Marianas
Battle of Leyte Gulf

I think that's about it. If you need reasons why these are turning points post them up and I'll explain or research them yourself, if you have the time. :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I got 14/15 in my test for this (not in Trials because the question was different).
I talked about how it was a major turning point. I only talked about the initial operation for maybe 1/3 of the entire test. I then talked about the consequences like the Battle of Kursk, Battle of Stalingrad and stuff.
Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)