oo! 'The Bone People' (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
OOO!!O!O!O!

We are doing it for extension english. Goddamn, this book is absolutely stunning. Only rarely have i read a book that 'has life' with 'vivid characters'. yeah yeah, it says that for every book on the blurb, but VERY rarely have i come across a book that actually lives up to promise.

Read this, you wont regret it. It'll make you laugh, and get you depressed. I wont say cry, because that requires you to be able to relate to the characters to a very large degree. I've found only a few people can do that. The point is, its an awesome book.

Read it.

Kos

If you are talking about the Keri Hulme book then you are bang on. I thought the book should have ended before Joe started met that Hermit and the carvings and whatever, but otherwise it was a fantastic read. I read it on the advice of a family friend. I just assumed the plot would lighten up a bit, but the book got darker and harder and more depressing. Fantastic read. Apparently she had heaps of trouble publishing it because all the editors totally wanted to change her sentence structures and spelling of words, but she managed to get it through.

It won a ton of awards so I dont think itd be that hard to find about.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
yeah, thats the book im talking about. You summed it up perfectly. So depressing by the second last chapter. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)