only used one related text...marked down? (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Hey for question 3 i only used 1 related text, i filled in the whole book, like 8 pages or whatever...do u think i will get marked down for only using 1 related text???????, i wrote about my pescribed text-radiance, text 2)a) and 2)b) in the stimulus book and the poem- nobody calls me a wog anymore by komninos.

hmmmm

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You wouldn't get marked down, I only used one... it said at least one... if it had said two then you would have been in trouble, but the question said one was acceptable.

hellohello

yes u can. at least one means that they want u to refer to more...and a variety as well.

i did two but just..i dont think u can read my handwriting

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ok good, I only used one, but I was having a bit of a panic attack after thinking it said TWO.

L7

marked down?

Interesting question.. I knew someone who did AT LEAST one related text...and he got marked down, they say AT LEAST one, meaning bare minimum....then they mark you down...its wierd.. but think of it this way, section 3 is work 15 marks, they could divide it up into sections for the marks: alibrandi, 'changing' text, related mat. 1, then more marks for related mat. 2....so basically, you dont get marked down, you just dont get as much chance for getting higher marks.... i dunno...i dont care...1 exam down, 5 to go...

keepin_sanity

I think if you wrote an absolutely brilliant essay using only 1 related text, they couldnt really go..ooh this is a band 6 essay but we'll put them in band 5 because they only used one...

I think having 2 gives you the chance to maximise your marks but hopefully we wont get marked down for using only one.

Who knows...I guess it all comes down to whether the markeris in a good mood at the time or not?

young_gurl

My hands are tired and my writing was pretty messy but i think the writing was eligiable...im still worried that i wrote my conclusion for part 3 on a non lined page cos i culdnt be stuffed asking for a new booklet when there was only half a page to fill up!!..will i get marked down for that?!

ronaldo

what happens if u wrote a traditional essay about change in section 2 and not writing it in short story format, will u fail?

Tiina

I dont think they should mark you down. I mean, if they expected more than one, why didnt they say more than one? I only wrote about one related text, and it took me almost an hour to write the essay. I hope I dont get marked down lol!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well you probably wont get marked down but we get told to use AT LEAST 2 even if it states one because that means you are justifying yourself more and making more comparisons and showing the marker what you know through a variety of texts and shit like that

cakes

hi
HSC
i better not get marked down for only using 1 related text... 15 pages!! cmonnnn! lol thats like, 5 pages per text!! it was in depth...ill be angry if i get marked down for it...not that i'll know haha

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's fine
As someone mentioned earlier, u have more chance of maximising ur mark if u use 2 texts brilliantly rather than 1 text, however doing one text only doesn't at all restrict u from getting full marks. I recall some exemplar responses from last yr (those that got full marks) only used 1 related text

gemz

well im stuffed.....i ran out of time and didnt end up finishing....meaning i only wrote half of one related text and didnt get in a conclusion :S

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by countrydude
Hey for question 3 i only used 1 related text, i filled in the whole book, like 8 pages or whatever...do u think i will get marked down for only using 1 related text???????, i wrote about my pescribed text-radiance, text 2)a) and 2)b) in the stimulus book and the poem- nobody calls me a wog anymore by komninos.

hmmmm
it was 1 prescribed text, 1 text from stimulus booklet and 1 related text

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
they cant mark u down if u included 1 supplement text....at least = 1 or more.... the quality affects the marking not the number of texts......u owuld be marked down if u didnt use any though...:p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Re: Re: only used one related text...marked down?

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
it was 1 prescribed text, 1 text from stimulus booklet and 1 related text
hmmm we were always told to do two.... [some were told to do even more, but that's the crazy NSBs]
in my trials, the ones who only used one related text were marked down...

but i guess if you really went into detail with that related text, it wouldn't matter... THAT much...?

jason7218972

Originally posted by ronaldo
what happens if u wrote a traditional essay about change in section 2 and not writing it in short story format, will u fail?
You most likely will fail as a consiquence of writing in an essay form for failing to even read the question. But you should at least pick up 1 or 2 marks for mentioning some valid things in relation to one of the pictures. If u did this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)