omg another ask for an ATAR estimate (1 Viewer)

qwertywerido

HSC
hey, wanted to ask for an atar estimate; school ranked 140ish last year.
Subject; overall rank; trial rank
English Ext 2; 7/12 (lol 3 people tied third); N/A
English Ext 1; 5/15; 9/15
English Advanced; 9/85; 9/85
Legal; 4/32 ( missed out on ranking :( ); 2/32
Modern, 3/50 ( 2 people tied 1st? .. how do internals/external rearrangement even work if that happens?); 2/50
Chemistry, 16/32 (dead in the middle :) ); 11/32

And I did Maths Advanced last year; HSC Mark 88

Really hoping for between a 90-93.

:) Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having considered this information, I believe that you are currently on track with an ATAR between 91 and 93. Your performance seems favourable in most of your subjects (especially English Advanced, Modern History and Legal Studies and is likely consistent with your ATAR goal. Your Mathematics Advanced HSC mark (congratulations! 🥳) is also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important to prepare to the best of your abilities for your HSC exams in order to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

On the other hand, Chemistry and English Extension 1 appear to be your lower performing subjects, meaning that it would probably be a good idea to place additional focus on your preparations for the HSC exam of each subject because there is a chance that they might count as part of the 10 units that count towards your ATAR.

Regarding the two students that are tied first for Modern History, the highest Assessment Mark will be determined by calculating the average of the two highest Examination Marks in your cohort. This means that your own Assessment Mark will be similar to the third highest Examination Mark (regardless of who achieves it) while your own Examination Mark will be determined by your own performance in your Modern History HSC exam (i.e. it is not affected by your rank or your school rank).

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)