Old parents....disav.scheme.......*sigh*.........life sux (for me atleast) (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I'm the oldest child (17) with a sister (15)........both my parents are 53+............i get a lot of pressure from this.........it's really embarrassing when pple talk about their parents, esp. if theyre young....i try to hide this fact........but yeah........if i do tell pple, they all seem shocked etc.........hmmm............dunno if this message should b here :rolleyes:
Just wanted to ask if n e one else is in my position.........
???

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah old parents is not an issue anymore and i dont think you should be embarrassed about it... they're your parents! plus, everyone now should b mature enough and not care about your parents age... who cares what other ppl think anyway!

it only becomes an issue if u make it an issue

ellipsis

HSC
Thats not that old. The average age of parents is getting way higher.

Plus, think of all those old grannies having babies through IVF when they're like 60+. Imagine being a teenager with a parent in their seventies......
And like Rupert Murdoch who is having kids again at 71... with a wife who is in her thirties...
Now that would give you issues !

Seriously, don't worry about it. And if it does bother you, just don't tell anyone, I'm sure your parents don't have flashing signs on their heads that advertise their age so who will know if you don't tell them ?

Twintip

lillaila, your parents really aren't that old. :confused: My parents are 52 and 51, my cousins parents (he's our age) are 53 and 60. No big deal. One guy at my school has a mum who's 58 and a dad who's 71. Again, no big deal. To be honest, your peers really don't care how old your parents are, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My half sister's mum had her before she was 16 and when she was in primary school some of the teachers were real bitchs and used to make little comments here and there. She didn't understand them when she was young but when she got into high school she finally realised what they meant but when she was in high school everyone thought it was cool that she had a mum that was still young enough to be fun. But that was AGES ago............

I personally don't give a damn how old ppl's parents are. It doesn't really affect my life that much :p

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I have plenty of friends with parents 55+. It's no big deal. :confused:

I don't see what this has to do with the disadvantaged scheme...?

Leap

free falling
HSC
Just wanted to ask if n e one else is in my position.........
My Dad is nearly 60 and my Mum is 51. Having "old" parents has never really been an issue for me - in fact in some ways its good, they're less strict than some of my friends parents, because they're put of touch with reality :rolleyes:

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
The only time you should wory about the age of your parents is when you are older than them or the same age.

No other time.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
err im 18 and my parents are both like 53 - 55.. its not very old.....~~ and age doesnt really make a difference.. i found that my parents are heaps relaxed and stuff.. and my friends with younger parents had a lot more restrictions cos their parents were less experienced etc..

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Whats the big problem? Doesn't really change how you are as a person does it? (Unless you've begun eating dinner at the local bowls club to get the early-bird meal deal! JUST KIDDING) hehe.
I'm sure when ppl see you they don't think about the age of your parents..."oh look, its that kid again, isnt that the kid who'se parents are 53!...OH MY GOD! AGHHH!"

It's all good ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)