OFFICIAL: option topics (1 Viewer)

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
I thought it was weird how for an 8 mark question we only had to describe (Q2Q). Think I did alright though.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by McDaddy
I thought it was weird how for an 8 mark question we only had to describe (Q2Q). Think I did alright though.
yeah man - it was a pretty good question for 8 marks... i thought it woulda been desribe analyse and asses

but yeah - q2q was good :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
medical physics: the eight mark was a killer- i believe its a real discriminant.. u really have to know ur stuff to get it.. it was about the understanding of electrons how did that provide a key role in the development of CAT and PET scans:p

forsaken_99

I really liked the astrophysics one. SO much could've been talked about so i don't think that it would've been too hard to get full marks.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I was a little screwed on the evolutionary pathways for astro. But other than that, it was all good :)

iH

Oldie
HSC
Q2Q was pretty good. i found myself writing more than they asked on some questions. Bohr and Rutherford for example...

the nuclear fission ones were good too. the transmutation was fairly obvious i thought. and then i did the nuclear bomb/nuclear reactors for the final question. wrote about 2 pages on it.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by iH
the nuclear fission ones were good too. the transmutation was fairly obvious i thought. and then i did the nuclear bomb/nuclear reactors for the final question. wrote about 2 pages on it.
2 pages? man i couldnt stop blabbing for that question - i think i wrote 3 pages and 2 lines... LOL

yeah i dont think i answered the quesion right though - so thats prob why.. LOL

iH

Oldie
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
2 pages? man i couldnt stop blabbing for that question - i think i wrote 3 pages and 2 lines... LOL

oh don't get me wrong. i had plenty more to write. coulda gone for pages.... but i stopped myself...though i did have an hour spare at the end of the exam to be bored. coulda just written more i spose... i just explained how the thing was used in nuclear fission, how the chain reaction works, how that's applicable in a nuclear bomb, bit about effects on japan, how it can be controlled for use in a nuclear reactor using control rods etc.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dash
I was a little screwed on the evolutionary pathways for astro. But other than that, it was all good :)
I agree, astro was pretty good. Our trial was harder than that. Heh, I didn't even see the evolutionary pathways thing until the end, so I had to refer the marker to a diff page in the booklet for that. :eek:

Morgantic

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

HA! I wrote 2 pages on that question and I got attacked by my fellow physicists after the exam for writing so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)