Ocean Vuong on English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

DheerChoudhury

HSC
it's funny coz rather than blaming themselves on not studying/putting effort which led to them failing the exam they blame it on ppl like authors of texts and NESA lmao
I mean it's traditional banter that happens every year regardless of a student's preparation; just a shame when it gets out of hand.

Jojofelyx

HSC
do you expect a bunch of people who have been forced to study English, who collectively hate english and anything associated with it, to appreciate it?
Appreciating it is a stretch sure, especially in a high intensity timed exam. But, just because idiots who haven't practised, or learnt how to interpret sentences that are longer than 5 words and made up of 4 characters each, doesn't warrant them the right to swarm up on the author. They can hate english all they want, but shifting the blame away from themselves, and onto an author who quite obviously has depth and nuance in their writing, in an attempt to cover up their own incompetencies/lack of preparation is kinda absurd. Maybe if they're forced to study something, it would be smart to....maybe study it because they clearly aren't getting any alternative lol

icycledough

HSC
I've never gotten the purpose of complaining or sending abusive messages after an HSC exam, whatever subject it may be for. Markers will still mark exams according to a set marking scheme, and what will happen is just that there will be lower benchmarks for set Bands (for e.g an E4 in 4U maths may require a raw mark of 70 instead of 75, for example, if the state overall has a much lower aggregate of marks compared to previous years).

cloud_berry

HSC
ok, i’m probably the outlier here but i got full marks for the unseen texts section in my trials and i was still stumped by ocean vuongs text.

thatnormster

HSC
do you expect a bunch of people who have been forced to study English, who collectively hate english and anything associated with it, to appreciate it?
It's less about liking it and more about having the decency not to bully an author. I totally get not having the motivation to follow through with a HSC test in a subject that you hate, but you've got no other choice but to cope. why lash out at other people who have no obligation to care about your problems?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)