Nursing/clinical practices course (1 Viewer)

Robin Hood

HSC
Hi, I have been looking around and i have only been able to find this course available at CSU in Bathurst. Is there any other Unis (of CSU or another) in NSW that offers this course.
To clarify, I am aiming to be a paramedic.
Thanks in advance :D
-Jake

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
CSU offers...
Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
Now, as far as I know you can study the Clin Prac alone by distance ed (so if you get a job working as a paramedic trainee or something, you can study by distance while you work)

The double degree, nursing/para you can only do on campus and is 4 years.

I don't know about any of the other unis, but if you want any more info on CSU just reply here.

aahmanreyy

HSC
CSU offers...
Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
Now, as far as I know you can study the Clin Prac alone by distance ed (so if you get a job working as a paramedic trainee or something, you can study by distance while you work)

The double degree, nursing/para you can only do on campus and is 4 years.

I don't know about any of the other unis, but if you want any more info on CSU just reply here.

hey,
i am thinking of doing paramedics at CSU as well. I actually called the uni feedback line and they told me that CSU has a deal going with NSW ambulancing. So basically you can study there for 2 years and the third year while studying, you get paid. So yeh hope that helps

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Can someone help me out. I'm looking for the clinical studies (paramedicne) course structure? CSU website is rather vague IMO, I would like to know whether they incorperate biological sciences into the program (bio and chem). One would think paramedics would need to be familiar with microbiology and chemistry to identify potential biothreats, right? I think paramedicine would be a challeging role, interesting as well as rewarding; not the money element but the gradification gained by saving lives I suppose.

On the down side though it seems as if they're mistreated by the government half the time.

Furthermore what's Bathurst campus like? Friendly people? Many social groups? Where's the pub at?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Sif vague, you just need to know how to navigate it.

This is the course structure for Clinical Practice.
Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) at Charles Sturt University :: Course Structure
Damn, was looking for that for nearly 20 minutes. Thank you

Nurse/Paramedic - I believe my calling has arrived. Never considered it in the past.

May take that route and if it doesn't work out, graduate medicine later on in life.

So many great opportunities yet so little time.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Oh and Bathurst is a nice campus. Very fun, big, Bathurst itself is quite a nice town. Not far from Sydney, so you can go back on weekends and stuff idk

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I could study the clinical practice program while also studying non-award, science related courses if CSU offers them. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to discuss my interests.

Btw I want to get out of the western suburbs, some fresh air up Bathurst way for a few years sounds a treat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)