Nursing at Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

swingsarekool

HSC
Hey guys!
I'm just wondering if anyone has gone for an interview at Notre Dame? I have mine coming up next Wednesday and I'm getting worried because I've never been to a proper interview. I also get very very nervous. The interviews I've been to are group interviews for jobs like Myer, DJ's and Sanity.

To those who have been to these inerviews;
What kind of questions did they ask you? Were they basic questions like why you want to do nursing and why at ND? and what makes you a better candidate than others? What is your biggest weakness/strength? etc..
Also, since they're not apart of UAC, do they ask about your UAI?

Does anyone here go to ND for Nursing or have a friend or relative who does?
Can you tell me how you're/they're finding it?

I'm just really worried that I'll stuff up because I really want to get in. I did so badly in one of my HSC subjects, which made my UAI drop so low... so ND is pretty much my only chance of getting into uni for Nursing :(
I originally had my heart set on UTS, with all their cool labs and mannequins and such but I've heard only great things about ND and what attracts me the most to the uni are the small "intimate" classes.

Any advice would be great from anyone would be great. Thanks :)

HSC
Ahhh maybe you would liek to post this in the Notre section of the bored as most ppl here are at UTS and wont know much about the course.

However i did have a friend who went to ND not for nursing though. The whole small intimate classes ends up being pretty boring seeing as its like a school like setting etc but it just depends what you like.

UTS still kicks ass for nursing in my opinion though, im biased lol

U know UWS and ACU also have nursing their UAI's are around 60s entry? thats another option

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I want to nurse a hunchback.

swingsarekool

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Ahhh maybe you would liek to post this in the Notre section of the bored as most ppl here are at UTS and wont know much about the course.

However i did have a friend who went to ND not for nursing though. The whole small intimate classes ends up being pretty boring seeing as its like a school like setting etc but it just depends what you like.

UTS still kicks ass for nursing in my opinion though, im biased lol

U know UWS and ACU also have nursing their UAI's are around 60s entry? thats another option
Thanks! I never knew there was a UNDA section haha.

Yeah, I really did want to get into UTS... nevermind.
And yes, I've got UWS and ACU in my preferences :). I'm thinking of going to UWS open day tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I will.. since I've been pretty sick these couple of days.

HSC
Some friends of mine have had interviews for UNDA Nursing, but for the Fremantle campus.
They said it was pretty casual, they just asked why you want to do nursing, why Notre Dame, are you aware of the core curriculum requirements, things like that. They then went through the degree requirements, the units needed, prac lengths and times, things like that. At the end they were taken on a tour of the campus.
It was very laid back, really nothing to worry about.

If you get the UNDA offer, take it, and think about transferring to UTS if thats where your heart lies. I get the feeling that if they interview you, they'll accept you, especially if its still to come up.

Good luck.

swingsarekool

HSC
babikakez said:
Some friends of mine have had interviews for UNDA Nursing, but for the Fremantle campus.
They said it was pretty casual, they just asked why you want to do nursing, why Notre Dame, are you aware of the core curriculum requirements, things like that. They then went through the degree requirements, the units needed, prac lengths and times, things like that. At the end they were taken on a tour of the campus.
It was very laid back, really nothing to worry about.

If you get the UNDA offer, take it, and think about transferring to UTS if thats where your heart lies. I get the feeling that if they interview you, they'll accept you, especially if its still to come up.

Good luck.
Thank you so much. What you said has put my mind to more ease :)
I'm guessing your friends got an offer from ND.. did they take it?

Last edited:
HSC
swingsarekool said:
Thank you so much. What you said has put my mind to more ease :)
I'm guessing your friends got an offer from ND.. did they take it?
Yes, one for nursing, two for biomedical science, and another is waiting on a nursing or tertiary preparation offer. The two biomed offers have accepted, the one given nursing is waiting to see what she gets in main round.

Mel.Riot

HSC
I went to one of their interviews, not for Nursing but for Theatre. To be honest.. it wasn't really an interview for me. She just asked me what I knew about the university and then she did all talking! I ended up getting offered a place there and I accepted :)

Good luck with your interview!!

Nickytoto

HSC
Thanks! I never knew there was a UNDA section haha.

Yeah, I really did want to get into UTS... nevermind.
And yes, I've got UWS and ACU in my preferences :). I'm thinking of going to UWS open day tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I will.. since I've been pretty sick these couple of days.
Never fear, I know a girl in my classes who transferred from ND to UTS, if you want to swap over, it can be done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)