Notes for Rabbit Proof Fence (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
aynrooz said:
Notes on the movie in relation to journey
Um...the focus of AoS has been officially altered to new concept: Belonging.

I will put some notes up for Rabbit-Proof Fence in relation to the concept of belonging.

EDIT:

Be attentive of the title "Rabbit-Proof Fence". This metaphor stands for the barrier that alienates Indigenous Australians from the White Australias. This stands for the notion of alienation which is essentially the opposite of belonging. Ironically, in the movie, this rabbit-proof fence acts as a guide for the protagonists and connect them with their parent where the sense of belonging can be explored.

In the opening scene, aerial view of a a hollow, empty but extremely broad landscape of the Australian outback is witnessed. This suggests a sense of non-belonging.

I would post up more now and then if I can squeeze more in. Just bear with me.

Last edited:

aynrooz

HSC
yeh thanks for the post
we do belonging for yr 12 but for prelimanrys we are doing journey for topic one of the course

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
aynrooz said:
yeh thanks for the post
we do belonging for yr 12 but for prelimanrys we are doing journey for topic one of the course
Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware of that. I will put some stuff about the concept of Journey then.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Throughout the text, the concept of physical journey is highly saturated within the protagonists' struggle to search for their home. During the process, they come across many discoveries about other culture, their own spirituality and their indivisible bond with land and kinship group.

In the scene of a forced removal of the Aboriginal girls: Molly, Daisy and Gracie, the responders witness how the new course of their life is forced upon them. The film director, Phillip Noyce employs limited dialogue to promote action within the scene and the high-angle camera shots present the government worker as a symbol of higher authority. It is also ironic to see the government employer to show off the government-approved paper as his "weapon".

Soon afterwards, these girls are taken by a car to the Christian missionary that is about 1500km distant from their home. The aerial shot of the Australian outback shows the vastness of the journey that is being undertaken.

More to come: I will edit here.

pippatemperley

HSC
hey. At my school we are doing belonging for our area of study and Rabbit Proof Fence is my related text so i was wondering if you could put some more up?
thanks

WTH

HSC
hey could you please help me :)
i need notes in rabbit proof fence in relation to belonging
thanks yeah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)