Non-infectious Disease (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Hey :)

For the following dot point...

identify data sources, plan and perform a first hand investigation or gather information from secondary sources to analyse and present information about the occurrence, symptoms, cause, treatment/management of a named non-infectious disease

is it ok for me to use asthma as my non-infectious disease? Also, I've heard that asthma is an inherited disease... is that correct? I would have thought its environmental... but now I'm starting to think its both! :(

Thanks!

= Jennifer =

HSC
asthma is a non infectious disease and it is inherited and can be environmental

maybe you could choose something not as broad such as scury which is an nutritional disease

snoopwogg

HSC
tell ya what, i used scurvy last year, and got full marks for every question i attempted. WHY? because the only things you have to know is that it is the deficiency of vitamin c aka asorbic acid. it can be brought about by not feeding ur baby breastmilk at a young age long enough or by an unhealthy diet.!! dasssit!

TheKing

how do you know you got full marks if you don't get your paper back?
its only a small point on the far right colume of the syllabus, you only really need to know the basics e.g cause, symtoms/effects. at most a paragraph...

TheKing

also jennifer, although there is no exact proof, there is actually alot of evidence that suggests asthma is a genetic disease and that the environment only acts as a trigger and not the cause.

04er

HSC
Originally posted by TheKing
also jennifer, although there is no exact proof, there is actually alot of evidence that suggests asthma is a genetic disease and that the environment only acts as a trigger and not the cause.
Thanks you guys :) I'm not sure if I'll be changing my mind about doing asthma, because I did asthma for my assessment so I have all the info. The only reason why I dont want to do scurvy is because it seems too simplistic, in fact, I prepared information for a few different non-infectious diseaes (scurvy was one of them) for my assessment test because that's how much of a control freak I am! *breathes in and out to calm down* :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)