New English As Of 2009!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Last year of Journeys for us.

HSC
noir. said:
Samuel Beckett's work would be pretty awesome to study

Not that I care. none of this affects me.
waiting for Godot is not pomo, its absurdist and nihilst... itd be pretty cool though

beentherdunthat

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
yeah its really interesting aye?! =D
cant stand module B =(
lol Citizen Kane is OKAY... but it is SO SAD. You know it got rated first AGAIN as the best movie every made. O M F G LOL

I'm so proud of my In the Wild Essayy!!!! It took me two days to work out the paragraphs and structure. Went through hell, but guess what? I realised Wordsworth isn't soo sad afterall!!! (LOL) Malouf however... is ... a ... different... story!!!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
as many have already pointed out, the downside is that there won't be many resources for those in 2009. like past exam papers, sample responses and study guides. how do the teachers learn it all? thats a big job learning all the texts well enough to be able to pass on the knowledge effectively. do they just pick it up as they go along??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'd imagine that most English teachers would have read or seen at least half of the new texts already before, so it wouldn't be too difficult for them. Also, some of the currently used texts are still there e.g. Immigrant Chronicle by Skrzynecki was used for 'Change' as well as 'Journeys' and it is still used for the new one 'Belonging', though some of the individual poems that relate to it have changed a bit.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Gah, I wanna do the new AOS, it looks sooo good T.T

And damn, they just couldn't get rid of King Lear this year, could they? It's my Eng Achilles heel >.<;

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Chinmoku03 said:
And damn, they just couldn't get rid of King Lear this year, could they? It's my Eng Achilles heel >.<;
Heh, same for me. At least there's resources and stuff though, I suppose.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
wow they've moved a lot of texts around from the extension course too...
~shinigami~ said:
I just saw some of the prescribed texts for Adv. Mod A. They get to do John Donne. No fair, I wanted to do Donne. Lucky 09'ers.
we did john donne in yr 11.
but they're not doing "the flea"!! :jaw:
that's the best one!!

wth standard is gonna do "run lola run"?!
did that in yr 11 extension for postmodernism =S

and speeches is gonna be done in standard too?!

omg i could so go on and on but it'd be an extremely loooooong post just of me whining and crap...

Artemis.

HSC
Woah - Wikipedia is now an HSC text?!
I always thought the hippies who wrote the syllabus were on crack or something. I think I'm right.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Artemis. said:
Woah - Wikipedia is now an HSC text?!
I always thought the hippies who wrote the syllabus were on crack or something. I think I'm right.
It's not Wikipedia in general that's on the list. It's the Wikipedia pages about how Wikipedia works, and the ideas behind Wikipedia. Which are not entirely without merit for looking at 'the global village'.

HSC
Tulipa said:
Noir didn't say that it was pomo, sp0ntane0us did and I corrected sp0ntane0us.
oh fuck, my bad, sorry noir i was talkn about the guy who said it (apparently Spontaneoues) and i didnt see the correction either.

amyg238

HSC
munchybuddy said:
They'll probably change King lear to The Tempest or sumfin, which is pretty good

I dunno y u would want clueless 2 change, its like the easiest one 2 do apparently. At our school i am doing bloody "Chaucers Pardoners Prologue and Tale", it is like the biggest heap of crap i have ever red...
For those of u who havent red it, think of a difficult shakespeare play and then times that difficulty by about 100.. I gave up reading it after like the first page, Thank god for spark notes :)
I didn't think Chaucer was THAT hard...just really annoying. A Simple Plan was boring though...and I didn't like the blood

jlnWind

HSC
WTF IN THE WILD WAS THE ONLY THING WORTH LEARNING IN ENGLISH 2u!

no way.... idiots... why not rid us of imaginary journeys... its ridiculous

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Heh, same for me. At least there's resources and stuff though, I suppose.
I guess. But at least I know something about Hamlet in the most insignificant, obscure way...

"To be or not to be?" XD

And wow, Wikipedia hit BOS' list. How strange o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)