need ur help anyone (1 Viewer)

kirchy

yeah. hi. i just finnished the hsc and i do not no what to do with my career. with jobs and so on. can someone help me with what to do. thanks.

Rosie

Are u talking about a part time thing or a long term feature "real job"???

kirchy

can u help

mainly part time. but also looking 4 a real job while working part time

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
oh so you don't plan to go to uni?

because if you go to university, you will often start to work part time at some company that is affiliated with what you are studying, but you can't really start now.. for example if you study commerce, you may start working at a commerce firm part time in 2nd year or so, same with law, medicine etc...

but yea, depends if you plan to go to university and depends what you want to study there... so elaborate more on your question..

also i suggest for ANY field that you want to get into, if no one will employ you, offer to work for free for a short while to get some work experience.. because sometimes thats the only way to break the horses back..

neway thats me 2cents, so tell us more specifically what you mean please dear....

salut :)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ok, well what field do you want to work in ??

what are you interested in..?

terminator

Bon, I can line you up with some work on the corner of Oxford Street, if you're interested?

terminator

I was only jokin, but that was a pretty good comeback. Do you know much about newcastle uni, is it good? I've heard newcastle has a pretty high unemployment rate, is there much work there for young people? And what's the actual city of newcastle like?

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
if u get a job at kmart (check out, general merch, replen etc) and hold it for about a year, you can apply for a trainee management position. I think they're pretty desperate for managers at the moment, they have it advertised on their website. Anyway, u end up with a certificate 4 or something in management, and on the job, paid training.

Even if you don't stay with the company (not many managers do) management experience always looks good on a resume

Jin-17

My best advice is let the heart do the thinking. Money can only take u so far and if u are thinking of going to a profession for a career it should be an employment that u may stay there for a while.

The hungry wolf strikes........Black Ram lives on....

bex

HSC
www.myfuture.edu.au is an australian careers service that can help you out with info bout careers, calaries, training, uni and non uni courses, getting a job, working O/S etc.. it could be a good source of info for you....

terminator

Bon, glad you wrote back. I'm from the Northern Rivers area, that's why i have to find decent city. well i reckon the uni does look pretty good there for most courses. i'm probably gonna drive, or bus it down soon and check it out.

well i know what you mean about dojos in Syd, probably cause of all the asians or something. good luck with the job. :cool:

rice_meister

newcastle is becoming quite reputable with its medicine courses. thats about all i know, its not a bad uni, the areas quite nice, its kinda a nice mixture between city and country, its a bit of a metropolis on a beach, giving it a much more relaxed feel than something like sydney, but there are more job opportunites and things to do than there is in the country.
so all in all, newcastles nice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)