Need Some Help (1 Viewer)

Jacinta

Hi. I am currently doing year 12 continuers french and we have only two people in our class and our teacher is pretty bad and i am really desperate for some help!!! Is anyone able to help me with some ideas to improve my speaking or just any good study and practice techniques??? I am open to any suggestions because i am not doing very well at all. If anyone also wants to write to me in french or something that would be great too.

T

timbk2

go to a uni notice board....(or a public librarY) ..... you might find some french guy who needs help in english and is willing to help in french too.

i know a friend who did this with japanese.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
french

i'm hopeless in french too... and i just got told today our oral HSC exam is on the 31st of august!!!!!!!!!

i'm stressing coz i cant speak french and i dunno where the exam is!!

help anyone!?!?!

Jacinta

where are you at school eviltama? I am in Wagga and there are not that many people around that speak french? What have u been told about the exam? have u been given any hints/tips?
We have been practicing answers from the trial example practice questions. I am really scared that i am not going to be able to understand the questions though!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i am in sydney, i go to blacktown girls high.
We havent been told much about the exam *oral* just to be prepared for anything. But we were given a sheet of questions that the examiners can ask us.

we've been doing trials n stuff and i seriously cannot write french! my speaking is even worse i cant even make the simplest of answers!!!

oh i am so stuffed!

Jacinta

Are you doing beginners or continuers???

We have our trials coming up in a week but our teacher is really quite bad so she'll probably will stuff up and end up making our trial either extremely easy or extremely hard! How have u gone in your other exams? Are many people in your class very good at french?

Well good luck and i am sure you'll do fine in your trials.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
I do continuers, and there are only 2 in my class...including me. Our trials are in a week also, only i know our test will be hard. Our half yearly was easy so this one will be hard. She has gotten an out-of-school made test, and they are usually pretty hard.

in the half yearly i got 71%, which is really good for me. The other person in my class got 66% i think.
we've been doing past papers for ages, do you do past papers? and has your teacher given you any sheets to help you?

bex

HSC
I do continuers... theres 7ppl in my class and im coming last!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Its so stoopid the girl coming 1st is pretty much fluent and drives me INSANE argh!!!

My HSC oral exam is on the 31st August at Ravenswood School in Gordon....

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
I still dont know where my Oral is!!!! and i'm getting VERY NERVOUS!!!! someone said it might be at Newtown and i really dont wanna go there!! but i havent received a letter or anything! DId the BOS send u a letter or did ur teacher tell you??

i have my trial french reading and responding on monday....10mins after my 3hr Maths test....joy oh joy... stupid tests...hate them!!

Jacinta

yeah i got a phone call during the holidays cause i live in the country and need to travel to my exam because my friend and i are the only french year 12 students in the town. We got a choice to go to Sydney, do it over the phone or go to Albury. So we are travelling the hour and a half to Albury!!!

I think that they send out a letter two weeks before confirming where u will be going to do your Oral. It you don't get it though u should ring the BOS.

We did our Listening, Reading and Writing today. It was a very long 3 hours, and after 2 hours of english too i was buggered! The listening is so dodge and i hate the new way they are doing it. The old listening papers seem so much easier!!! And they don't leave u any time to write your answers properly.

I am going to try and post my exam when i get it back on the notes site. Are u able to do that too?

Kellidoscope

speaking exam!!

HI! i do french continuers, and there are four ppl in our class (which i thought was quite big until i read ur posts!) i was going to ask if anyone knows anything about the speaking exam in general? last year we didn't have a continuers class, so we basically have no idea about the format of the day!
we haven't been told where we are going either, but we will get a thing in the mail two weeks before (which is next week right?) is everyone on August 31???
our japanese girls are going to newtown... so i don't think french is there...!
good luck with all ur exams... our speaking trial is after maths on monday as well :( and the 3 hour exam is on the next monday!!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
heyo,
well i found out where my oral HSC is.....at Newtown of course....the place i REALLY dont want to go....i'll go to dural...to the central coast....anywhere around here....just NOT NEWTOWN!!!!!!

i am now quite peeved off....i have my trial oral in about an hour...which sucks.... so that means i have to remove myself from my pc and get ready....dammit!

now i hate ever choosing french for the HSC....bad choice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)