need help with assessment (1 Viewer)

kier

if anyone could help with this assessment. would be greatly appreciated.

1) gather information from secondary sources(including photos/diagrams/models) to observe, analyse and compare the structure of vertebrate forelimbs.

2) Analyse infrmation from secondary sources to prepare a case study to show how an environmental change can lead to changes in species.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
This is in the wrong sub forum as this is in the topic Blueprint of Life

1) The best option will probably get pictures of skeletons of limbs of various vertebrates, many would have a pentadactyl limb

try this site
http://www.biology.eku.edu/RITCHISO/342notes5.htm

2) some possible cases

Changes in physical conditions in the environment

The teeth of kangaroos have evolved in response to changes in physical conditions in Australia over the last 25 million years.

Changes in chemical conditions
Chemicals, such as dieldrin and organophosphates, have been used extensively to control the sheep blowfly, Lucilia cuprina. Genetic resistance has occurred within the fly population in response to these chemicals.

Competition for resources
Some species of fruit fly have evolved into different species with each confined to a different type of fruit tree.

Also for chemical environment there is this possum in WA that is immune to a poison that is released by a plant in the area, i think the poison is fluoroacetate. However other possums from other states will die if exposed to the poison. Obviously the WA possum due to the change in environment has cause the species change. I think the species of possum is a brush tail possum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)