N Award (1 Viewer)

Gayvin

HSC
I'm getting a N award from my accounting teacher for missing class 3 time or 4 times and missing a test.

First of all I thought I had dropped accounting because I selected my year 12 subjects and I did not include Accounting...( o and im in year 12 now..I was in year 11 like last term)....that is why I did not go to 2 accounting classes because I had thought I dropped the subject. My Career's Advisor tells me I havnt dropped the subject..I've been missing classes AND I AM PROBABLY getting a N award...And that I have to attend my next class and the end of year exam the next week and pass...

I'm only doing 10 Units in year 12...So if I get a N award im not eligble to sit fot the HSC..AND I didnt get any warnings..I mean if I did i wouldve obviously tried to solve this thing before it even got to this stage...

IF I actually do get the N award which is likely is there any subjects I can pickup in year 12 with 2 units? I don't think there are any......

The subjects I do are:
Economics
Business studies
Maths
English
Society And Culture.

I really need help.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I'm getting a N award from my accounting teacher for missing class 3 time or 4 times and missing a test.

First of all I thought I had dropped accounting because I selected my year 12 subjects and I did not include Accounting...( o and im in year 12 now..I was in year 11 like last term)....that is why I did not go to 2 accounting classes because I had thought I dropped the subject. My Career's Advisor tells me I havnt dropped the subject..I've been missing classes AND I AM PROBABLY getting a N award...And that I have to attend my next class and the end of year exam the next week and pass...

I'm only doing 10 Units in year 12...So if I get a N award im not eligble to sit fot the HSC..AND I didnt get any warnings..I mean if I did i wouldve obviously tried to solve this thing before it even got to this stage...

IF I actually do get the N award which is likely is there any subjects I can pickup in year 12 with 2 units? I don't think there are any......

The subjects I do are:
Economics
Business studies
Maths
English
Society And Culture.

I really need help.

If you're only doing 10 units in year 12, and accounting isn't part of those 10 units, I wouldn't worry. Just tell the school they stuffed up your subjects and that you're not doing accounting any longer.

Got2Kno91

HSC
I don't understand, you've listed 10 units there that are not accounting, and you say that if you get N award for accounting you don't have 10 units?

Anyway, if i'm just missing something, and what you say is right, I would explain to the teacher the complete misunderstanding that has occured, express your sincere apologies, explain your happy to receive 0 for the test you didn't sit, and how this N award could completely invalidate your entire HSC, and how its completion is very important for you. If that doesn't work/you've already tried, then your accounting teacher is a heartless.

In terms of PICKING UP subjects, your chances shouldn't be too bad I shouldn't think. I think the VET courses are your best bet. Lots of people in our school picked up Construction after dropping subjects after year 11 and into year 12, and there were also people who picked up VET courses such as IT into HSC. 1 Category B subject such as the aforementioned CAN be included in ATAR calculation I think. Another person picked up SOR I after prelim from RCS. If you're not happy with those subjects (or another VET), try to make a deal with your co-ordinator about which subjects you could pick up, and express how you're happy to catch up on prelim in the holidays, and even sit an impromptu exam after holidays to ensure competency after prelim. Surely like the kids at my school, they could work out something.

Anyway, good luck! If they can work out these things for the kids at my school, I don't understand how they couldn't do it for you!

Gayvin

HSC
TY..but I think the part I missed was that my Careers advisor was saying sumthing bout a total of 22 units+..to do HSC..I dont get it but..sumhow my yr 11 units are connected with my yr 12..? and so if i fail this subject then ill have 10 units in year 11...and so 10 + 10=20..not 22..

I'm not a bad student i go to all classes..jus a simple misunderstanding of dropping accounting class..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The 22 figure would refer to this:

"To qualify for the Higher School Certificate you must satisfactorily complete a Preliminary pattern of study comprising at least 12 units and an HSC pattern of study comprising at least 10 units"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)