My Place SOS thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
It's official.... I'm getting quite sick of this text... - burnout - (Eng Trials tommorrow! I'm officially screwed!)

Aside from obvious literary techniques such as use of person pronoun "I", autobiographical context and age-specific language/perceptions, how on earth do I link this darn thing to Inner Journeys...

"Place" is a metaphor for one's place in society, one's cultural heritage, identity etc...

Anything else? Quotes would be much obliged.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
glitterfairy said:
It's official.... I'm getting quite sick of this text... - burnout - (Eng Trials tommorrow! I'm officially screwed!)

Aside from obvious literary techniques such as use of person pronoun "I", autobiographical context and age-specific language/perceptions, how on earth do I link this darn thing to Inner Journeys...

"Place" is a metaphor for one's place in society, one's cultural heritage, identity etc...

Anything else? Quotes would be much obliged.
too little work too late

go have a look at some of the sample essays on the main site
www.boredofstudies.org

HSC
N/A
Yeah i know... oh well...

turns out that I knew more than I thought... the trials were actually easier than my in-class assessments... and the trials were only worth 5%?!?!?!?!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
...inner journey to accept white australia? to come to terms with, and be proud of, her cultural heritage?
Book's dedication: "How deprived we would have been had we been willing to let things remain as they were. We would have survived, but not as a whole people: we would never have known our place"

malkin86

HSC
“What did it really mean to be Aboriginal? I’d never lived off the land and been a hunter and a gatherer. I’d never participated in corroborees or heard stories of the Dreamtime. I hardly knew any Aboriginal people. What did it mean for someone like me? … Just then, for some reason, I could see Nan. … Her eyes were sad. … she vanished as quickly as she’d come. I knew then that, for some reason, it was very important that I stayed on the scholarship. If I denied by tentative identification with the past now, I’d be denying her as well. I had to hold on to the fact that, some day, it might all mean something.” – pg 178-179.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)