Music Grades (1 Viewer)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I was just wondering, what grades has everyone got up to on their instruments?

I got my Amus on piano when i was 15 :) It was my second go but i got there.
ive also done 5th grade in musicianship.

was just wondering what everyone else was up to for the HSC performances, and then if they're doing Music 1 or Music 2.

was just wondering what i was up against ;)

tash

lalalala
HSC
well you're better than me- i'm doing grade 8 on piano in 2 weeks- aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i'm doing music 1 at school which has probably been mentioned in about 50 other threads here

lemonade

good luck on your exam.. :) try not to be stessed in the exam - the examiners can smell fear... :p lol (just j/k......)

is there any reason that u chose to do music 1 instead of 2?

im not necessarily better.. i know this guy that hasnt done his amus yet (cause he's too good 4 it i think) and he goes to this russian teacher in sydney (flies up there every fortnight) For ages I was beating him in exams, but.. hes going to do his l.mus this year.. *grrr...* damn people that practise 4 hours a day!

tash

lalalala
HSC
well there were two main reasons i didn't do it: one was cos i liked the music 1 course better and 2 i didn't think i was good enough to do music 2 cos at the time i didn't take music as seriously as i do now and didn't practice as much. people who practce 4 hrs a day are insane! i have a great respect for those who do though

riad

HSC
im only up2 grade 6 music and grade 5 musicianship...sniff!!!
u guys freak me out lol...i hardly practise at all...how do u guys find the time during the hsc???
im even more freaked out about the hsc preformance...wat kinda level do the examiners expect u 2 be at?am i too low?

lemonade

nah.. dont worry. i pretty much never practise anymore (apart from my once a week lesson...)
i just dont get time. i suppose ill just have to do heaps of practise in the next coupla weeks!!

i dont think the examiners expect u to be at any level in particular.. as long as you can play with technical ability (for the piece you're playing) and all that stuff.. i think theres a syllabus thing for it on the board of studies, our teacher only just gave it to us

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah they're not gonna know what grade you're doing if you're doing grades at all.

i manage to do a lot of practice cos i tend to use it as a form of procrastination for not doing my other schoolwork! but i'm now finding that with my exam coming up in 2 weeks i don't have time to practice my aural and general knowledge so i'm feeling rather screwed for that...

tash

lalalala
HSC
believe me it's starting to drive me insane since i have done absolutely no sightreading at all. yeah the only thing going for me are the fact that i'm playing half those pieces for hsc as well but other than that... oh well it shouldn't be too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)