Music 1 Aural- Need Urgent Help! (1 Viewer)

riad

HSC
hay how is every1 feeling 4 the exam?
i think im gona fail!!!!
my music teachers SUCK so iv been pretty much tryin 2 teach myself but there are a few concepts that i dont understand -
Pentatonic?
Diatonic?
Atonal?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
sum1 plz help

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tash

lalalala
HSC
ok pentatonic is just a scale using 5 keys, basically derived from the 5 black keys, so if you play them it gives an oriental sort of sound
diatonic means 'within the key' so basically it doesn't add in any sharps or flats or whatever that aren't in whatever scale the piece is being played in
atonal is just it doesn't have a key, ie. not major or minor or whatever

anything else? if you want, i can send you my music notes on all the concepts or something, just pm me

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
ok well i dont do music 1 so im not sure how much you need to know about them.... but heres a few thoughts

pentatonic- its a scale made up of five different notes (pent=five) which is commonly used in folk music and music of the far east.

diatonic- i think is just a normal scale (hahaha i shoulda kept going with musicianship) here is a definition i found. **based on or using the five tones and two semitones of the major or minor scales of Western music ** basically its a type of scale.

atonal- means the piece has no tonal centre. theres no set key (you cant tell if its major or minor, it sounds like a big mess) used alot in music of the 20th century, stuff like that when people were beginmning to push the musical boundaries formed by typical classical music.

hope i was a little help, if not pm me or post again if u need more. sorry i dont do the course and dont know how much u want to know.....

parko :D

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
lol tash you beat me to it!! hahahaha

and yeah my diatonic is wrong, use tash's

riad

HSC
ooooh thanks so much guys...u probably wont get this in time but GOOD LUCK 2MORO...HOPE U ALL DO WELL!!!!!!
do u think its 2 late 2 start studying 4 it?haha

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
riad, how did you go?! hope the advice was ok.

parko :D

riad

HSC
yeah da advice was all good.... 2 be honest - i really have no idea how i went!
after teaching myself this whole year....im hoping 4 da best!!!!!!!!

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
u taught yourself the music 1 course?! man nice work! u deserve to go well just for that effort!!

best of luck!!!

parko:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)