MQ Co-op Actuarial Studies Interview (1 Viewer)

ititttitti

HSC
I recently got an invitation for an interview for MQ Actuarial Co-op does anyone have any tips for preparing (e.g. what type of questions they ask etc.).

Vall

HSC
(sorry no tips in this)
Do you know anyone else at your school that got an interview? And are you ranked first in maths at your school? (Cause the only person who got an interview at my school - a top ten ranked one - is first in maths)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In response to the original question, the selection panel will focus on finding evidence that:
  • You are genuinely interested and motivated to enter the actuarial profession.
  • You are active in school and/or community activities.
  • You can demonstrate multiple skills, including communication, problem-solving, teamwork, innovation, and leadership skills.
Based on this, it would be reasonable to suggest that interview questions will be linked to each of these main points, allowing the panel to determine whether you satisfy the criteria. Here are some potential questions that you may wish to consider in preparation for your interview. They are classified under their appropriate heading, as follows:

You are genuinely interested and motivated to enter the actuarial profession:
  • Why do want to study a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies?
  • Why did you specifically opt for a cooperative education program?
  • How do you intend to use this educational opportunity beyond university?
  • What are your expectations as a future student studying the Actuarial Studies Co-op Program?
  • Do you have a strategy to maximise your learning and ensure favourable performance?
You are active in school and/or community activities:
  • What does school mean to you?
  • Tell me/us about a time when you did something good for your school.
  • Are you involved in your local community?
  • Why would you dedicate additional time towards contributing to your school and/or local community?
  • Tell me/us about a lesson that you have learned during your time in Stage 6. How do you intend to apply it going forward?
You can demonstrate multiple skills, including communication, problem-solving, teamwork, innovation, and leadership skills:
  • Tell me/us about yourself.
  • Tell me/us about a time when you faced a problem and how you addressed it.
  • What makes you a good leader?
  • Do you prefer completing tasks individually or working in teams?
  • What can you tell me/us about communication?
  • Why do you believe that you will be able to enter the actuarial profession?
I hope this helps! :D

ititttitti

HSC
(sorry no tips in this)
Do you know anyone else at your school that got an interview? And are you ranked first in maths at your school? (Cause the only person who got an interview at my school - a top ten ranked one - is first in maths)
I'm like 2nd or 3rd ranked for 4u. i know some others outside top 10 rank to get it as well

ititttitti

HSC
In response to the original question, the selection panel will focus on finding evidence that:
  • You are genuinely interested and motivated to enter the actuarial profession.
  • You are active in school and/or community activities.
  • You can demonstrate multiple skills, including communication, problem-solving, teamwork, innovation, and leadership skills.
Based on this, it would be reasonable to suggest that interview questions will be linked to each of these main points, allowing the panel to determine whether you satisfy the criteria. Here are some potential questions that you may wish to consider in preparation for your interview. They are classified under their appropriate heading, as follows:

You are genuinely interested and motivated to enter the actuarial profession:
  • Why do want to study a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies?
  • Why did you specifically opt for a cooperative education program?
  • How do you intend to use this educational opportunity beyond university?
  • What are your expectations as a future student studying the Actuarial Studies Co-op Program?
  • Do you have a strategy to maximise your learning and ensure favourable performance?
You are active in school and/or community activities:
  • What does school mean to you?
  • Tell me/us about a time when you did something good for your school.
  • Are you involved in your local community?
  • Why would you dedicate additional time towards contributing to your school and/or local community?
  • Tell me/us about a lesson that you have learned during your time in Stage 6. How do you intend to apply it going forward?
You can demonstrate multiple skills, including communication, problem-solving, teamwork, innovation, and leadership skills:
  • Tell me/us about yourself.
  • Tell me/us about a time when you faced a problem and how you addressed it.
  • What makes you a good leader?
  • Do you prefer completing tasks individually or working in teams?
  • What can you tell me/us about communication?
  • Why do you believe that you will be able to enter the actuarial profession?
I hope this helps! :D
Oh my thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)