Movie-phantom Of The Opera! (1 Viewer)

missylicious

HSC
has anyone seen phantom of the opera-2004 ?
i just love that movie and i cant get over it ..

BronwynKate

HSC
I can't either, Missy.

I loved the scene in the boat where the Phantom and Christine were sailing.

All the interpretations of the songs were good.

And so was the grounding into history.

It was much less overwhelming for me than the musical was, even though I did love the musical when I saw it in 1997 with my school. The story wasn't quite so hard to follow as the musical would have been.

Also I loved the character of Meg Giry and Carlotta was really terrific. Well, she was terrific as a diva.

missylicious

HSC
omg u cant be serz!! i love that scene too! most of all the scene where she walks into the mirror and she takes his hand and he leads her to his labyrinth.. i just love the song!!omgggggggg! hahah
la carlotta is damn annoying bloody prima donna hahah .. shes a crack up tho.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh the music is very good
the guy wasn't the best singer though

it's alot more moving when its on broadway

fatmuscle

HSC
not that i've been to Broadway to see it, but I saw it ages ago when Her Majesty's Theatre was still around - but totally agree that it's more moving.

you even get the chandalier effect in the audience.

MissingInAction

CuRrEnTlY sOmEwHeRe...MoSt LiKely LoSt...OhHh...
HSC
I adore that movie to bits!
But, I do have to admit, the songs that were performed by Michael Crawford and Cristine Brightman were better. Still, I don't think that I will ever get over that movie. My favourite scene would have to be the underground labrynth and my favourite song either Little Lotte or Music of the Night.

I feel so lucky at the moment. I've got tickets to the live performance coming up in Sydney! I can't wait.

I've finally bought the 2004 movie too. I've loved it for so long and now I finally own it. It truely is not enough just having a recording of the London performance 1986, is it? I AM OBSESSED. I even have the script...Ohhh...:shy:

SiN3m

HSC
i really want to see the musical but due to chnage of plans no loner am :(

but i love the movie! Gerard butler= gojuz Eric! i love the songs and atmosphere...

in the end when Raul is tied to the gate and he says "i fought so to free you" i get so annoyed coz ummm hello? where exactly did he actually fight? apart form the cemetary scene...poor eric if it wasn't for stupid raul he would have gotten his girl and the lost, violent man within wouldn't have been hurt enough to be free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)