Moderated Assesment Marks (1 Viewer)

Joecole

My friend has so far done okay in his studies (ie avg around 60-75%). Upon doing his trials, he was very stressed, and so freaked out and didn't do well in the trials (he failed a couple of subjects). Now he is asking, what effect will the trials have on his HSC? I have been researching and heard that, your internal HSC marks are moderated, scaled accordingly to your performance in the external HSC. So, if his overall assesment marks (raw) was, say, 65 for all of his subjects, then he suddenly did well in this external exam, say 90, in all of his subjects, how would the assesmnet mark affect him? I have heard that his assesment mark in this case, will be moderated to match his HSC external, ie 65 will be moderated to 90 based on his external marks. Is this true. I have read the pdf files from uac without any success.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Joecole
Now he is asking, what effect will the trials have on his HSC?
They are no different to any other HSC assessment task which you have done at school.

I have been researching and heard that, your internal HSC marks are moderated, scaled accordingly to your performance in the external HSC.
They are moderated according to the performance of the class in the external HSC examination.

So, if his overall assesment marks (raw) was, say, 65 for all of his subjects, then he suddenly did well in this external exam, say 90, in all of his subjects, how would the assesmnet mark affect him?
His examination mark plays no role in the moderation of his assessment mark except in determining the average and top exam mark for his class.

I have heard that his assesment mark in this case, will be moderated to match his HSC external, ie 65 will be moderated to 90 based on his external marks. Is this true.
No. He will be assigned a moderated assessment mark which is determined by his class assessment ranking and the performance of the class on the HSC exam. If he is one-third of the way between the top and bottom raw assessment marks, his moderated assessment mark will be approximately one-third of the way between the top and bottom exam marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)