mod b (1 Viewer)

canigraduatenow

HSC
theres probably been many questions like this but..
for instance with this question from the 2020 hsc, would u need to refer to the text throughout the entire essay or just a paragraph. like with my essay im planning im doing paragraphs on each character so can i just refer to this in one paragraph or does it have to be throughout to get good marks??
1696559857748.png

carrotsss

HSC
just sprinkle a few quotes from it in place of some of your own if you can

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
theres probably been many questions like this but..
for instance with this question from the 2020 hsc, would u need to refer to the text throughout the entire essay or just a paragraph. like with my essay im planning im doing paragraphs on each character so can i just refer to this in one paragraph or does it have to be throughout to get good marks??
View attachment 40243
since the q is how the excerpt reflects the concerns and not '[question]. make reference to the excerpt' (make sure you make the distinction), you need to answer this type of q by acknowledging the excerpt echoes the wider concerns of the text + you'd have to quote parts of the excerpt in the topic sentence (not superficially though, needs to be integrated well to show you know what you're saying and that you understand the text)

my school decided to assess this type of q for mod b internal and it gave me ptsd but basically one example of a topic sentence of a paragraph of an essay answering this question is like 'Through [theme/concept], [author] reflects on the Prince's musings in the excerpts of a [you quote the excerpt], to express concerns over [whatever].' on the other hand, if the question was moreso a good q but with reference to the extract, i'd aim to mention the excerpt in each paragraph (just swap out a quote you memorised with a quote from the monologue, one per paragraph)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)