Mod A: FORM in TempSeed ?? (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
“Composers shape their form to reimagine the works of others.”

How has the study of the two texts developed your understanding of the importance of form in a textual conversation

brainstorm:
- idfk
- both have a metanarrative -- hagseed reimagines prospero being in control of the 'play' of the island by creating his own version of the play within the text
- idk what else

my memorised essay talks about revenge/forgiveness and imprisonment

how would I adapt this memorised essay to this specific technique???

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
like ngl this is all I have on form specifically in my whole essay 😰

Prospero’s metareference, “let your indulgence set me free”, allows the audience to <...> Prospero knows that he will continue conducting his metaplay unless he is “set free” <...> Atwood mirrors this through Felix’s obsession with his “The Tempest”, and uses the metaplay <...>

(I cut bits out because I don't want people to plagiarise 🤓)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC

Prospero’s metareference, “let your indulgence set me free”, allows the audience to <...> Prospero knows that he will continue conducting his metaplay unless he is “set free” <...> Atwood mirrors this through Felix’s obsession with his “The Tempest”, and uses the metaplay <...>

Ain’t no body gonna plagiarise ur essay mate

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC

i'm gonna be real with u in terms of shakespearean plays, i would just use metanarrative + characterisation (yes that's a form, i would say use the idea of character archetypes that are usually found in his comedies (i think tempest is a comedy?? - eg. the fool, the character-in-disguise, etc etc) + definitely explore the idea of comedic form in terms of shakespeare (in terms of how he structures his stuff. i don't do tempest but eg. in merchant of venice he has a five-act structure where everything is resolved by act iv leaving u to wonder why he put an act v), i'm gonna go look through my notes for a hot second to see if i can find anything generalised in terms of form

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
sorry i don't have a lot that's generalised cos the rest of my notes on shakespearean form is specific to merchant of venice but u can all talk about the fact that it's in a play and in a comedic form
1695012945935.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)