Minoans (1 Viewer)

p342i

HSC
Hey guys, what did you think of the Minoans question of Part II?

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
Most of it was alright, but i didn't write everything about the 'significance of palaces' question because i wanted to start my JulioClaudians essay --> Was running out of time.

boris2003

HSC
hey there, i really stuffed up on the technology question, i think i was away on the day we studied it, as i padi attention in class to most of my stuff. I am so angry, of all of the stuff they ask a technology question. There goes my 5 marks, for sure, as i talked about their industries, textile, metalwork and pottery, so not relevant to technology. But hey who knows maybe i get a mark or something. Cheers, all the other stuff was a brieze.

raiders771

HSC
the technology question u could put anything as long as u backed it up with evidence and wat sort of technology it was.... i 2 had doubts but i asked my teacher and she said that u could talk bout anything i talked about pithoi, loomweights, oil presses, potters wheel etc and also building materials

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
larnax FUCK - lol i found out after - its a closed box type coffin thing used for burial

xxelliexx

HSC
lol...technolgy was shit the only question i couldnt answer propley...i like so many others wrote about pottery .....and am know majorly pissed of becuase for someone unknown reason i wrote laranx was a double headed axe beacue im a twit !!!!!!

Lenny_1234

HSC
Minoan were pretty sweet compared to the other sections...cough cough "ROME".
Larnax= i found that out the night b4 when i was crammin
as far technologyi BS'ed on textiles,melting smelting and places.

p342i

HSC
Guys concerning the technology question. Obviously there are heaps of technologies the Minoans used, but in the syllabus there is a specific point along the lines of:

"Technoliges: ashlar masonary, construction materials..."

It seems like 'technology' equates to those used in the building processes, hence why I only talked about (in depth):
- ashlar masonary
- construction of Minoan walls
- Minoan floors
- Minoan roofs
- Staircases
- Water/drainage

Its strange though, of course you can say construction of pottery, the textile industry, seal stones etc are all technologies but the syllabus refers to in only as construction.

Even more strange, as I was writing it and even now, I am trying to work out whether HOW they build walls, floors, ceilings etc can be classified strickly as technology? Is using timber beams with perpendicular half trunks in orderr to build a roof considered technology?

Strange question, it will be interesting to read the markers feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)