Methods of studying for Japanese?? (1 Viewer)

sick_kent

HSC
How do you get ready for Japanese tests??

I usually just skim over notes and talk out loud to no-one in particular in Japanese??

some say watching anime beforehand, just to get in a 'Japanese frame of mind', is helpful sometimes?? but i'm not really a fan of any anime. (kind of blasphemous for a japanese student, i know)

what do you peep's think?

HSC
Uni Grad
I ask the same question myself: How on earth do you get ready/study for a Japanese test/exam?
I guess, if it's exams, then do past papers.
But that's all I know. xD

sick_kent

HSC
I ask the same question myself: How on earth do you get ready/study for a Japanese test/exam?
I guess, if it's exams, then do past papers.
But that's all I know. xD
but the past papers are often hard to find I think,
it's a hard subject to study for

whatthefudge4

HSC
N/A
Yes, past papers are often difficult to find.
This is a very teacher based subject, in that you learn the most through talking Japanese to your teacher

HSC
Yes I also think its a hard subject to study for...you can get your teacher to make up practice questions for the writing sections.

@whatthefudge4: all same subjects! Except chem :p

jl91

HSC
If you want past papers, ask your teacher nicely for them. Japanese preparation needs to be done in advance - more than other subjects. For writing keep practising (if you go on the board of studies site they have plenty of hsc past papers each with at least four writing questions each). For speaking, write some sentences out based on your assessable topics and keep reading them out loud. You want to be able to say at least 2-3 sentences per question asked. Listening is the hard one. See if your teacher has any practise tapes or beg nicely to organise some practise sessions. Charles Stuart University HSCOnline site might have some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)