Memorise or not to memorise? URGENT! (1 Viewer)

NWO

HSC
Regarding all essays i write regarding Modula A, B, and C, should i memorise all the thesis or not? On some sites, ive read that you should RESPOND DIRECTLY to the question and today my tutor said use the rubric belonging words in ur essay. For example,

An individual’s perceptions of belonging evolve in response to the passage of time and
interaction with their world.'

My school teacher said to use strong words e.g. To a large/ lesser extent, it is definitely true that an individuals perceptions of belonging evolve over time.....

Or shoudl i use a general one such as...

Belonging is an intrinsic aspect of human nature and one's sense of belonging arises from one's positive interactions with others...

Any ideas? Should i memorise thesis regarding relationships, identity etc, Much appreciated.

HSC
my teacher said memorise thesis statements but I'd rather memorise ideas about the text and make the thesis on the day and use the question as an outline.
You could try looking at past papers and try coming up with thesis statements straight away and build up that speed to locate and include key words.
hope this helped :)

bhsrepresent

HSC
memorise essays about what you genuinely think about belonging, and if your interpretation is widely explored/ accessible, you can adapt to any question:

I.e. If I write an essay based on how freedom is fundamental to belonging (Based on my interp of texts)

If I were to get a question on place, people, society, institutions etc I could adapt by prefacing the fact that ____ (question) is important, BUT freedom is more essential - and this is why (but making sure u say why its more important than what the question is actually asking throughout your essay)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)