memorisation techniques (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
hows everyone memorising i literally cant memorise anything - any techniques welcome :)
honestly, just reading it over and over again
active-recall helps a lot- basically trying to write essays (if this is for humanities) in timed conditions without the notes and quotes in front
also just writing it over and over again tbh. theres no easy way as much as i wish there was ughghgh

DheerChoudhury

HSC
hows everyone memorising i literally cant memorise anything - any techniques welcome :)
Idk if this would work, but make flashcards and do a sort of logbook on Excel, colouring each date with red, orange or green depending on how you felt about it. This way you can hone in on what really needs revising. Tbh I'm doing this and I'm hoping it'll work :confused:

ghudshifjhwijnc

HSC
N/A
i used to memorise by writing by hand but found that it fked up my wrist so now i memorise by typing and honestly it saves so much more time. I type a sentence and memorise then memorise the next and rewrite everything full on n repeat till ur done

Hiheyhello

HSC
i used to memorise by writing by hand but found that it fked up my wrist so now i memorise by typing and honestly it saves so much more time. I type a sentence and memorise then memorise the next and rewrite everything full on n repeat till ur done
sameeee

mikrokosmos

HSC
the time i memorised a full case study before my eco exam - I kept rewriting the full thing and then the key points and then in the exam i planned by just dumping all of it on the page haha

for english i figured that a lot of the quotes i memorised are because i act them out its so fun doing an old english accent acting out my shakespeare quotes and it just sticks in

icycledough

HSC
A method I used was to say out loud the first sentence, write it down, then do it for the second sentence. Then I would combine both sentences. You can then repeat this for the following sentences.

HSC
Idk if this would work, but make flashcards and do a sort of logbook on Excel, colouring each date with red, orange or green depending on how you felt about it. This way you can hone in on what really needs revising. Tbh I'm doing this and I'm hoping it'll work :confused:
Use this app called remnote, it basically does what your saying but automatically. It just makes flashcards based on your notes and stuff and each time a flashcard is shown, it allows you to say how you felt about it, and that impacts how much more time passes for the flashcard to be shown again. I've found it pretty useful for bizzo, so it might be useful for other content stuff.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I make these little songs/raps for each of my essays. Each with a different speed,tone, 'beat' etc. I thought, hey, I memorise so many different songs word for word, so why not do the same thing for my essays
How long does it take you to make them? Wouldn't it be more efficient to re-write 20 essays in that time?

vishnay

God
HSC
I make these little songs/raps for each of my essays. Each with a different speed,tone, 'beat' etc. I thought, hey, I memorise so many different songs word for word, so why not do the same thing for my essays
does it work?

like imagine rapping: "In The Tempest, Shakespeare undermines the value of vengeance and instead asserts the human capacity to forgive past injustices and forge communal peace."

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
that's so funny LMAO. imagine you're just humming in the HSC AHHA

okayokay123

HSC
How long does it take you to make them? Wouldn't it be more efficient to re-write 20 essays in that time?
Haha I can memorise an essay in about a day. I just kind of sing it out with whatever comes to my mind and then keep on singing it over and over until i remember it. Helps to match it with a song that you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)